Legend of Zelda RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You begin with three hearts. You end a legend.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Legend of Baruud - Rank D8 Quest

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gerhb
Admin

The Legend of Baruud - Rank D8 Quest Empty
PostSubject: The Legend of Baruud - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Baruud - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 2:24 pm

Alone and weary, the exiled of the princes of Gerudo roamed the north. His past was soon to catch up with him, though not in way he had anticipated. At the seaside village of Zoranoa, the Gerudo sought a place to rest and eat. Before he found a tavern, someone called out to him, "you there!" A young zora man carrying a bounty of freshly caught fish ran to Baruud, "I remember you... you're a hero!"

The zora went on to explain that it was his family the pirates we're going to take from, but Baruud's refusal gave them time to escape. Eager to help, the zora, Sallo offered Baruud a place to sleep and as much food as he could eat. As Baruud got full, he began to fade into a sudden sleepiness. He heard someone barge in but was too tired to stay awake. Someone declared urgently, "Sallo, the pirates took your sister! They took her to Skull Altar!" Baruud had been there once with Aveil and his crew, a strange tomb for pirate kings said to house a mysterious power. It wasn't far from here... Baruud couldn't stay awake any longer.

When he woke, Sallo's house was drenched in an eerie golden glow, none of the man's family was in sight. But where they were, he saw bunny, an otter, and a fox. The animals were in a deep sleep. From nowhere in particular, a quiet voice rang out in Baruud's head like a song, "find me"...
Back to top Go down
https://spinattack.forumotion.com
Inquisitor Moloko

Inquisitor Moloko

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Baruud - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Baruud - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 10:03 pm

Awakening into a dream-like reality, Baruud groggily pulled his tunic on over his olive colored skin. After collecting his meager possessions, he searched the kind man's house for any signs of the Zoras who lived there (5,1,3). Remembering a voice speaking through the haze of a half sleep, he checked for anything around that might give him more information about Sallo's sister.

"Perhaps I can atone for some of my sins by helping these people," he thought.

After satisfying himself that there was nothing more to find within the humble dwelling, Baruud wrapped a loose head-scarf about himself at set out into the street, eager to find a way to take himself to Skull Altar.
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Baruud - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Baruud - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:29 am

Baruud was certain there were no zoras in this home... where did they all go?

The town was equally empty of people, but the docks had plenty of dingies and boats that could easily make the short voyage to Skull Altar.
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Moloko

Inquisitor Moloko

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Baruud - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Baruud - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 4:00 am

Not above taking from those who looked as though they could spare it, Baruud grabbed a few meager supplies and loaded them into a vessel he felt looked manageable. Despite being unarmed, he was confident in his training and abilities. After all, he may have lost the most important honor duel of his life, but at least it was to the most skilled and cunning opponent he had ever faced.

Casting off from the dock Baruud set a course to take him to the mysterious pirate tomb. Navigation could be difficult in these unnatural conditions. (3,6,7)
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Baruud - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Baruud - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 1:13 am

As Baruud set off, the seas grew violent. A storm played on the horizon, shimmering in the golden light with ominous splendor. The small island on which Skull Altar was located was a dense mountainous jungle, but even without the dark canopies, the place seemed to resist light. As Baruud came ashore, he noticed that even the strange gold glow could not seem to brighten these grey sands. There was something unsettling about being at this place, it was hard to say...

Up ahead, a ragged weapon lay in the sand along the path to Skull Altar. It's certainly a quaint fisherman's spear, but sharp enough to work as a weapon, and you think you've seen this someplace before...

You got Sallo's Spear!
It's ragged and unwieldly, but it'll do at 2D6 damage. There's something special about this spear, but you can't quite understand it yet.

The path to Skull Altar has certainly been walked along recently, leading into the gloomy jungle ahead... The faint gold light provides enough to see at least.
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Moloko

Inquisitor Moloko

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Baruud - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Baruud - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:13 am

Taking a few practice swings and thrusts with his new-found weapon, Baruud crossed the gray sands towards the looming canopy ahead. Not understanding the golden glow, but appreciating the light it shed, he forged ahead along the trodden path of the forbidding pirate isle. Baruud was known to be reckless on occasion and this instance was no different.

"I must help Sallo," he thought to himself as he crashed through the entangling vines and clawing branches that reached out to claim him with an eerie skeletal grasp. "I must find his missing sister no matter the cost."
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Baruud - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Baruud - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:00 pm

Baruud neared the strange altar, it was an unusual thing... A massive stone dome whose only break in its near perfect spherical shape was the stairway leading up to the top. Vines had grown all along its exterior, and had weathered greatly over time. As Baruud ascended the great staircase, a noise grew in his head. It was so quiet at first that didn't recognize it. At first it was a subtle whisper... it became louder and louder until it sounded like something was shouting at him... but the language was utterly unknown to him.

Baruud snapped out of it and the voices stopped, it had been like a trance. As he came to, he found that a sudden rainstorm poured down on the isle. The sky flashed white, but not with lightning, some kind of magic. Three swirling white vortexes appear over the stairs on either side of Baruud, and out of them fell three Imperial soldiers. Their armor was a glistening white plate that dripped a heavy fog. They raise their swords to attack!

"Do not fear, Baruud! These soldiers are no match for you in this world!" The song like voice rings in your head, a much more welcome sound than that strange language a moment ago.

During your post, you may make one attack with a weapon or item. Later, items and abilities will allow to make multiple attacks. You roll three D8s for your attack roll (because D8 difficulty), and each success on that roll translates to damage! You can take other actions during combat in addition to your attack, like hiding or searching.
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Moloko

Inquisitor Moloko

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Baruud - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Baruud - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 5:26 am

Baruud knew enough about combat to know that taking on three fully armored opponents in a straight fight was suicide. Luckily for him, he also knew how to cheat. Looking around quickly for a loose stone on the stairway, he carefully danced aside from any clumsy feints the warriors made, leading one to his chosen spot. Just as the soldier raised his sword to strike, Baruud thrust his spear towards an armored knee. The soldier over-corrected himself while checking his swing and went slightly off balance. The deft Gerudo seized the opportunity and struck home with the fisherman's crude spear. (4,4,2 for 5 damage)

Last edited by Inquisitor Moloko on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Baruud - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Baruud - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 2:09 pm

That's a hit! Whenever you roll a success on an attack roll, you can roll damage for each success. So since you rolled 4, 4, 2, you hit once, rolling 2d6 damage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Baruud - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Baruud - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Baruud - Rank D8 Quest
Page 1 of 1