Legend of Zelda RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You begin with three hearts. You end a legend.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chikken21

chikken21

Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) Empty
PostSubject: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 2:02 am

The gray sky of New Mars looms overhead, beckoning the crew of the Moscow upward. Thousands of lights ignite the IAO station in a brilliant technological white and differentiate it from the forest that expands in every direction. New Mars is a bustling planet, but the constant launching of IAO vessels necessitates a certain distance between the station and civilization.

Due to the prestigious nature of assignment on an Ex Vessel, most crew members are already present, but mechanics from the station are still running last minute diagnostics on various parts of the ship. The viewscreen flickers to life and a large, red faced man appears.

"Moscow at attention!" he barks. "I am IAO Representative Calvin Benedict. Congratulations on your acceptance to the Intergalactic Alliance of Orion's newest Exploratory Vessel; you've just made the greatest career move of your life. You are all here because you excel in what you do so I don't expect to have to explain how this all works. Get to know your crew members and do your job."

Benedict clears his throat and looks down in his lap for a moment.

"Your first mission is fairly risky, and normally it would not be asked of a crew so young. However, we do not have the resources or vessels in this sector to address it at this time. There is a newly discovered star system, the Eve System, somewhat nearby here. Your Navigation Officer has been given coordinates. We need you to investigate the disappearance of the I.A.O. Brazghar nearby this star system and bring it back if possible. We do not have contact with the Brazghar, but its last location is available." Benedict looks down at the man sitting in the command chair. "Captain, they're all yours. Good luck."

The viewscreen flickers off and the New Martian sky reappears.

DM Note: Everyone is outfitted with a standard Ex Vessel ground crew starter kit. You receive an IAO grade blaster (2d4 damage), 3 revival shots, and a wrist encyclopedia. The wrist encyclopedia can be used to access the IAO database of knowledge of the universe, but it can also be used to upload previously unknown entities which is its primary purpose in the hands of an IAO officer. General information on each crew member is available in the ship's databases. It is likely that you already know some straightforward facts about each crewmember and you may even have met each other in training or briefing.
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 2:41 am

"Crew, you heard the man," Captain Lorenza spoke over the Moscow's ship wide com, "We've been handed a real spectacle of a ship here, and I'm honored to share her maiden voyage with you all. We're running this operation short on intel in a little known system. Get used to it. As an Ex Vessel crew, the unknown is our job. Good luck, ladies and gentlemen. And welcome aboard."

It had been a long strange absence from official duty, all those years stuck on Planet Y. Returning to the clean cut, all business demeanor was proving tricky. Even on the Odin, the crew had developed their own culture. But this ship, it was all new faces waiting for the impression of a leader. If I can be half the commander Captain Heinlein was, that'll be enough.

A strange, alien, warbled voice spoke to him in a mock British accent, Sir, if that's anxiety I'm detecting, I can adjust the Atmo catalyzation. The Lunomethean alien wasn't visible to any of the crew besides the Captain, it was a supportive AI feature of Isaac's neural probe. Even then, Maxwell was an illusion cast out by the probe.

No, not anxiety. Just a few nerves. I'm ready.

"Helmsman, take us out. Course set for the Eve System."
Back to top Go down
https://spinattack.forumotion.com
billydakid

billydakid

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 3:06 am

As the captain speaks, Tralek Razgyl, The Syrilian ambassador makes his way onto the bridge. Everything is new, seeing as he has never really been on a vessel this size, so it takes him until the end of both speeches to find his way there. He can feel everyone starting to stare at him. Then they feel it. Something else is there in their own minds. They can't put their finger on it, but it's there. Not a malicious thing, just...something gentle yet powerful. Asking and demanding permission into their minds at the same time. Then it starts. First a movement as the Syrilian stands to full height, and then a deep, commanding voice saying in their heads, "Greeting. I am Tralek Razgyl, the Syrilian ambassador. I have no prior knowledge on this ship but I am at the service of Captain Lorenza and the crew. I would ask that you do not be intimidated by me, for I have no reason to harm anyone. I am also trying to learn everything I can. I will not invade the privacy of your mind, for I have recently found out others do not appreciate it." A low chuckle from Tralek and the speech continues, "I am looking forward to serving with you and the rest of the crew on this mighty vessel!" And with that Tralek bows and returns to his room to finish preparing himself for the trip.
Back to top Go down
chanceypoo

chanceypoo

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 12:25 pm

Kurt steps forward in a mock parade rest and ensures that all eyes in the room are on him. Just the way he likes it.

"Thank you for the riveting speech captain, I know I'm inspired. I'm also a fan of how you zone out for a few seconds in between sentences and get all quiet, that's not a tiny bit creepy. It's a subtle tactic! But, don't worry, I get it." Kurt then exaggeratedly winks at the captain and continues. "And Mighty Ambassador, thanks for your.... umm... speech? Mind-speech i suppose. I've known many Syrilians lads and lasses and I can assure you that unless you deserve it, he probably will not tear off your limbs. I'm sure he is a nice lizard fellow."

"Now onto myself! Unlike most of you stuffy boy-scout space-cadets, I didn't work hard for, or even choose this detail. I was selected, hand-picked you could say, by superior forces for the job. I will be serving as your Communications Officer and I am willing to use my Communicationsing talents to keep this ship ship-shape and shape-ship. I will handle any incoming and outgoing transmissions as well as serve as head communicator for diplomatic ground missions. That being said, I also would like to talk to all of you. While I will usually be up here, bored, you can always feel free to contact me and chat about any comments or concerns that you may have while aboard the Moscow. I'll be sure to listen in and relay these comments to the next highest authority. I'm also always available for a friendly game of chance every now and then. Just name the game, I have experience playing and winning."

With that, Kurt nods to the captain and returns to his chair nearby. It was far comfier than standing at attention.
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 1:02 pm

Captain Lorenza nods to the Syrillian ambassador as he leaves the bridge, oddly enough it was completely normal to Isaac to hear foreign voices in his head.

As the Delvish Com Officer took the floor, the Captain found himself quite amused. Isaac smiled, "you have a much better way with words than I, Kurt. I should have let you have the departing speech. I hear Delvish poker is a dangerous game, I'm looking forward to it."
Back to top Go down
https://spinattack.forumotion.com
chaosmittens

chaosmittens

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 1:04 pm

A last minute addition to the crew, Dr. Raije Dolk stood at attention during the speeches from Benedict and Loreza, but soon relaxed herself watching the room and the people in it. The Syrilian entering the room was a bit of a shock, but the doctor had seen larger and meaner creatures in her studies; like the Carnor off Bainoff V.

Like the Delvish, Raije also notice the captains pause, but he wasn't zoning out. There was something there. Something behind it all. A telepath or a clairvoyant? None her notes had record of this. The captain was a bit of an anomaly. He fell of the star charts for a few year, but his reports of the destruction of the hyper space engine were well known, and his medal records were... interesting.

Upon the captains orders to the helmsman, Raije turned to leave the bridge to head to the medical bay, but not before giving one word and a salute to the captain, "Sir."

Back to top Go down
chikken21

chikken21

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 1:27 am

The girl at the front of the ship looks up from her work at the Navigation Center and turns towards the rest of the crew. She appears human in every way except for the circular insignia on her forehead.

"I am Nina 8.7.0. I am an Android of the Turing 6 Operating System. I am your Chief Navigations Officer and ship's helmsman. Pleased to meet all of you."

Nina smiles and turns back to her station. She begins plucking away again at its interface. Maps and coordinates whirl across the screen as her hand moves in steady brush-like strokes. To the left of captain Lorenza, a man stands up. He is clean shaven, muscular, and wears a dark brown crew cut.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I am Xertian Vorpon, your XO. Very few members of the IAO fleet make it to this level and I am honored to be among you. That being said, I will not have clowns on my ship." He flashes a very obvious glance towards Kurt. "If you do your job, I'll do mine and we'll get a long fine. I trust that officers at this level know what they're doing so I will assume that you are properly manning your stations. I will refrain from monitoring your every step, but be warned that I am not forgiving of incompetence."

Vorpon turns to sit back down, but hesitates at the last moment.

"One more thing," he says. "I am required by the IAO Representatives to inform you that I am a Reanimus Parasite."

Silence.

"I am not a human as I appear to be, but in fact a sentient neurological parasite that requires a specific host to live. I will never attempt to board you or anyone other than the corpses that the IAO provides me periodically, but if this makes any of you uncomfortable I require notification. Speak with me in private if so."

No one speaks for a moment, but then another man pipes in.

"Well, I'm the Chief Pilot, Raphael Chamberlain. I am from the subterranean city of Atlantis capital of Neptune in the Sol system. I know ships above and below the waves like the back of my hand." Chamberlain wears a white beard and a powerful demeanor. His eyes hold a gleam of earnesty.

"Who else hasn't spoken up?" Vorpon speaks. "You in the back. What's your name?"

A figure in the back of the room moves slightly. She was almost unnoticeable behind Raphael. Her skin is a powdery blue white and her hair is long and grey. It covers her eyes completely. She hoists herself up from her leaning position on the back wall with arms that appear almost skeletal.

"I'm Rasthmene Trenardi. I'm the Security Chief. Not that this isn't fun, but there are things that need attending to."

Rasthmene steps to her left and allows the door to split before walking out. She is followed by two large men in full black uniforms.

"Don't forget about me, dammit!" A voice seems to come from nowhere. Gazes shift left and right in search of its source. A furry green waist-sized biped jumps up onto the Navigation table. Nina jumps back in surprise.

"I'm Demarkus Skratchnotz, but my friends call me Skratch." The creature's voice is deep and human-like in a way that starkly contrasts its adorably long ears. "Since I figure we'll be friends, feel free to call me that, but this is the last time I'll let you off the hook for glossing over me because of my size. I am Hoptese and I have been all my life, but don't mistake my appearance for weakness. I'm the greatest Chief Engineer you've ever met."

Vorpon clears his throat.

"Oh. Right. Sorry boss." Skratch jumps down from the table and nods to Nina.

Nina smiles and nods back before pushing a sequence of symbols. A warning siren blares in the background and the ground shakes as the Moscow lifts from the New Martian station up into the air.

"Prepare to jump." Nina says.

The ship lurches for a split second and time slows to a halt. A short moment of pain as mass is distorted and the next thing anyone can remember is being surrounded by an ocean of stars. The crew waits as the ship cools in preparation for the next jump.

DM Note: If you have anything you would like to do while waiting for the time jump cool down, please do it now. Otherwise, the adventure will continue.
Back to top Go down
billydakid

billydakid

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 5:03 am

Tralek had never been on anything larger than the small passenger vessel that brought him to the station to get right back on another larger, more evil ship. Dizzy from the jump, he laid there for a second, just to collect himself. Then he decided that he should probably get a little instruction in the tiny blaster thing he was given. He fumbles his way all the way to the range and asks the instructor if he could be properly shown how to fire the weapon. Seeing as most beings on the ship had two arms and were smaller, his hands couldn't really hold or even fire the tiny weapon. Giving up on the hopeless endeavor, he puts it away and decides to brush up on his hand to hand combat. He heads to the gym, where he hopes to find something with the ability to match both his strength and his skill.

He reaches the gym and looks around. No one here seemed to match him. No one HERE...His mind wondered back to the greetings, and the cunning little Dervish that challenged everyone to a game. What if he wouldn't mind sparing? He knew he was smaller, but he seemed to have a few tricks up his sleeve. This wouldn't be a boring match. He walks to the someone nearest the intercom and reaches out to their mind. He waits until she is aware he is trying to speak to her, asks her to send for the Kurt the communications officer, then goes back to the sparing matches to observe the fights.
Back to top Go down
chanceypoo

chanceypoo

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 5:49 pm

Having spent years aboard fast traveling ships capable of jumps, and of course often jumping dimensions himself, the pain experienced post-warp was second nature to Kurt by now. He always noted that he still felt the pain though; even if it didn't bother him anymore, it was always there. Perhaps it was this way for everyone.

Shortly after the jump, Kurt's screen flashed, alerting him that the Syrilian ambassador aboard had asked him to join in a friendly sparring match. His eyes grew wide and he found himself excited at the opportunity to exercise and limber up. Plus maybe someone would be interested in placing a wager or two.

He stands up and says "Captain, permission to proceed to the training gym to spar with our large reptilian diplomat friend?" Although the captain was deep in conversation with someone else, Kurt was sure he saw a slight nod from him. That was good enough. "Taking my leave Commander Dorkon!" Before he could see the anger on Vorpon's face, Kurt vanished into a puff of smoke. Knowing the ship well enough, he teleported close to the gym and walks the rest of the way. He chuckled to himself, imagining how angry the XO must be. There was nothing better than kidding with a straightlaced officer, even if he was a parasite.

"Ah, hello there sir ambassador, I received your request and I humbly accept. Although I prefer to fight with a pair of swords in my hand, or at the very least a sharp stick, a good fisticuffs match does the body good. Though your quite stronger than me, I believe I can hold my own." At this, Kurt deftly flips gracefully into the ring and invites the Syrilian to join him. "Shall we begin?"
Back to top Go down
billydakid

billydakid

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 6:21 pm

Tralek was rather pleased that the Kurt had accepted the offer. He nodded in agreement that the match should begin. He reached out to Kurt's mind.
"Good luck."
And with that he turned and got on the mat. When the bell rang to begin, Tralek started simple to test Kurt. He lunged to get in closer and hit Kurt with a simple Syrilian combo. His first punch was aimed at the right upper leg. Roll(3d8)+0:
8,1,5,+0
Total:14
This was swiftly followed by a fist to the left shoulder.
Roll(3d8)+0:
4,1,8,+0
Total:13
The last was a downward punch to the top of the right shoulder.
Roll(3d8)+0:
1,1,8,+0
Total:10
Having to have to go down towards the Delvish to hit him, he quickly stood up just enough to attempt to keep his head out of the reach of the retaliating Kurt.
Back to top Go down
chanceypoo

chanceypoo

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 6:42 pm

Kurt deftly spun from the first strike
And quickly ducked low to avoid the next high strike
But Kurt was not quick enough to avoid the next downward blow, with Tralek's punch finding ground

"Ha, it wouldn't have been a fair fight if I didn't let ya have a good hit early"
Kurt drops into a shoulder roll coming up to Tralek's right, heaving a punch at his side
Then groups his three-fingered hands together and leaps into the air, aiming to strike the taller opponent in the chest on the upswing
And finally on his descent, Kurt twists into a spinning kick aimed towards the opponent's core
Back to top Go down
billydakid

billydakid

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 6:55 pm

Tralek was surprised at the durability of the ex-pirate and he knew the consequences of underestimating an opponent such as this. He had never really fought a being this small before, but he thought this would have been easier.
He's good. I will give him that.
He rolled and avoided first blow...barely.
Roll(3d8)+0:
5,3,4,+0
Total:12
The upswing caught him by suprise, but he reared back to avoid it.
Roll(3d8)+0:
5,5,1,+0
Total:11
He then blocked the kick towards the core with his lower left arm.
Roll(3d8)+0:
1,8,3,+0

Instinctively his lower right arm went for a punch to the exposed hip.
Roll(3d8)+0:
1,2,3,+0
Total:6
He knew letting up on Kurt would be a mistake. His next hit was at the core.
Roll(3d8)+0:
6,5,1,+0
He followed this up by a swift jab at the chest.
Roll(3d8)+0:
1,6,4,+0
Back to top Go down
chanceypoo

chanceypoo

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 7:11 pm

Noticing his exposed hip too late, Kurt barely batted away the incoming fist
He ducked low at the next strike, tucking into a crouch
And then neatly back hand springed out of range

"A nice try friend. But I still have some tricks." At this, Kurt jumps high into the air attempting to jump over his opponent. But, mid jump, he vanished and reappeared exactly where he had been standing before. It was an old trick, try to confuse your opponent. Simple, but usually effective.
Hoping his ploy succeeded, Kurt threw a standard three-punch combo. First a quick right jab
Then a wide left hook
And a strong right uppercut

Back to top Go down
billydakid

billydakid

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 7:26 pm

He watched as his opponent jumped over his head and vanished. He was trying to search for a pattern, tell, or even a glimmer that would help in this fight. Anything at all.
I knew this would happen...
Not knowing where to expect the next appearance he jumped backwards, and he was very fortunate he did. When Kurt appeared where he stood before, he was expecting Tralek to still be there.
Roll(3d8)+0:
6,6,3,+0
Total:15

Roll(3d8)+0:
3,5,2,+0
Total:10

Roll(3d8)+0:
4,6,1,+0

Seeing his opponent finish the combo he lowered himself and lunged in with two quick jabs from both upper arms both at the right shoulder, having already hit that area. There may be something about his right shoulder.
Roll(3d8)+0:
7,6,4,+0
Total:17

Roll(3d8)+0:
6,3,7,+0
Total:16
He then used his right lower arm to uppercut the core.
Roll(3d8)+0:
4,2,5,+0
Back to top Go down
chanceypoo

chanceypoo

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 7:42 pm

Kurt watched his opponent throw an attack at his shoulder and miss by a hair. Then it occurred to him that Tralek must have become confident, aiming for his once struck area. With that knowledge, Kurt braced himself as yet another blow came towards the shoulder, ready to block the attack, planning his next move in his head
But, focused as he was, Kurt didn't see the Syrilian's lower arm as it slammed into his midsection
The blow threw Kurt off his feet and knocked him to the ground at the edge of the ring.

The match was over.

He stood, smiling and dusting himself off. "Well, that last one was a hell of a punch, and quite a surprise I must say. But, alas, I seem to have been defeated. Good match sir, just wait until I tell the rest of the bridge crew how I let a foreign diplomat defeat me in battle. They'll commend me for my nobility and poise, I dare say they will!" He winked slyly at that comment.
Back to top Go down
billydakid

billydakid

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 7:52 pm

"Thank you. Well fought! Your skill surprised me! However, it is only fair that since you fought me in a arena of my specialty, we fight in one of yours." He says into the mind of Kurt as he walks and grabs several practice swords off the rack. He tosses two to Kurt.
"I'm not much of a sword fighter, but I am curious as to your skill."
With that, he steps back into the ring.
"Do you accept or run? I would think it would look bad upon your reputation for one such as yourself to back down from a sword fight. Your move."
He takes a few moments to feel the movement and weight of the two swords. He then takes a few practice swings and waits for Kurt's answer.
Back to top Go down
chaosmittens

chaosmittens

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 12:02 pm

Raije makes her way to her medical ward. The lurch of the ship jumping throws her step off for a moment, but it doesn't slow her pace towards the lab.

Passing through the sliding doors, the familiar smell of a sterile lab wafts under her nose. She gives the half-hearted solute that she is obligated to give her staff and subordinates as she walks through her lab. Along the way she is handed holofiles to look over and clipboards to sign. Upon entering her office she sits down and begins reading each of the holofiles.. They were medical records of crew members that needed reviewing, each one as dull as the one before. All routine, mostly allergy medications, and vitamin and nutrient supplements. Raije went through the holofiles quickly, leaving them on her desk, none worth anymore of her time.
Back to top Go down
chikken21

chikken21

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:20 pm

The ship jumps and then jumps again. The IAO grade drive bends and folds space and time around you. As the ship slows the Navigation Center emits a loud beep and Nina turns to the rest of the bridge.

"Sir, there appears to be a vessel hailing us." she says. "Should we respond to their request? We are in very deep space and they don't appear to have an identification signature. This leads me to believe that they are less than reputable."
Back to top Go down
chanceypoo

chanceypoo

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:36 pm

"Ah, but reputation and honor have never been my strong suit, as I'm sure everyone aboard this heap can tell you in detail. Perhaps another time, but I should probably be-"

Kurt's com is hailed, informing him of an incoming transmission on the bridge.

"Besides, friend, it appears that my duty calls!" At this, Kurt runs out of the gymnasium, jumps once and teleports back to the bridge and takes his position.

Without acknowledging his absence, Kurt says, "Awaiting orders captain, shall we have a little talk or give the ol' cold shoulder?" He kept his usual nonchalance, as if he had been at his post the entire time.

Back to top Go down
billydakid

billydakid

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 11:27 pm

The jumping keeps giving Tralek all sorts of headaches. After the last jump, he fell to the ground.
I don't know if I can ever get used to this.
After a minute or two he stood up, shook his head, and headed back to the room after Kurt's leave. He equipped himself with his Syrialian armor and his whip.
I guess I should go see what exactly is happening on the bridge.
He was getting the hang of this space thing outside of the jumping around. That he felt he may never get used to. Tralek remembered his way back to the bridge and stood next to the captain. Perhaps he will get to be useful for something here!
Back to top Go down
chikken21

chikken21

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:26 am

Vorpon gives a cold stare to the pair that just entered, but refrains from making a comment. Lorenza stares for a moment at Kurt and then looks to Nina and gives a nod.

Nina pushes a flashing button on the console and the large bridge window flickers onto an image of a bulky Warpian with matted black fur. His face tilts left and right for a moment.

"Hello IAO Moscow. I am Ashvar, chief of the pirate--" the feed cuts out for a moment "--is my assistant, Borghas."

A skeletal humanoid creature with a torn, canine-like face pokes his head into the view.

"Hello Orionies," he squeaks whimsically. "We got you now!" Ashvar stifles a sigh before pushing Borghas out of the picture. The feed cuts out again for a moment and Ashvar starts again.

"You are surrounded completely by cloaked pirate vessels waiting to board you. You could attack us and you would probably win, but you would get blood all over that shiny new boat of yours. All that we're asking is that you hand over the Primary Vessel."

"Hold on a moment, leader-pants!" Borghas leaps back onscreen. "Isn't that dear old Kurt?"
Back to top Go down
chaosmittens

chaosmittens

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 10:37 am

Hitting the Medical Comm on her desk, "Medical Bay, this his Chief Medical Officer Dolk. I want all stations manned and prepped for incoming casualties, and have the XS Engine ready. I don't want us running out of artisang."

'That blue devil.. was the report wrong? Does he still have connections? No. No jumping to conclusions. This changes nothing.'

Raije moves swiftly from her desk to her locker. Putting her hand on the scanner, and looking into the retinal scanner, she unlocks the door. She pulls from the locker a large leather bag. Inside were her personal medical tools, and other equipment. She shuts down all systems on her desk and heads out the door making her way to the bridge.

<The XS engine is a piece of medical equipment that generates Artisang. Artisang being a type of artificial plasma that can be used across many species. It takes about 50% more Artisang than regular blood to help a person (So if a person needs a liter of blood they would need 1.5 liters of Artisang), but the materials it's made from can be dry stored, making it perfect for long travel.>
Back to top Go down
billydakid

billydakid

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 1:42 pm

Tralek didn't have to know anything about space to know they were in a sticky situation. However, he made it a point to remember the faces on the screen. He was going to break them when he got the chance. He was charged to this mission by the Cortent. He was not going to let few pirate vessels keep him from completing it. His mind went to work.

He knew that pirates were untrustworthy, so giving them the vessel was more than likely a bad idea. The second-in-command knew who Kurt was. He needs to watch Kurt no matter what. Kurt was a very intelligent individual, and could easily get on the Primary Vessel without anyone knowing.

Hold on...this was an ambush. How could they set this up one without knowing that the Moscow would already be there. The time it would take to surround the vessel straight out of a jump would be far more than what has surpassed. It was entirely possible that we had stumbled into a trap made for someone else, but Tralek didn't believe in coincidence. At the same time, the second-in-command...what was his name? Right, Borghas...didn't know that Kurt was on the Moscow. That could have simply be the fact that Kurt only remained in touch with the captain....his name being...Ashvar...yes...

He was an officer of war, and coincidences just didn't happen. Tralek was now faced with a decision. He had no proof Kurt was involved. Besides all the speculations, there was no real reason to believe that Kurt was in communication with these pirates. But the Syrilian also couldn't do nothing. Tralek bowed his head, closed his eyes, and cleared his mind. He had to act somehow.

He reached out with his mind and touched the Captain's.
Captain, be careful of Kurt.
That's all he felt needed to be said.

Last edited by billydakid on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
chanceypoo

chanceypoo

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 2:31 pm

Kurt remains seated and doesn't respond, twiddling his thumbs for a moment. Realizing no one else is speaking and feeling the eyes on him, he looks around quickly. "Oh I'm sorry, were they referring to me? Wasn't there another Kurt somewhere up here just a moment ago? No? Ah, blast it, I'm sure you formal types have already read my file anyway."

He stands and addresses the men on screen, "Hello dearies, how goes the privateering industry? As I'm sure you've heard from gossipy jibber jabber, I've gone on the straight and narrow now. Well, I should say the narrow and less curvy. Significantly less curvy. Anyways mates, I would strongly advise NOT attacking this ship. It would probably end badly for you fellows and I'm sure these gents and I would prefer to be on our way. It was nice catching up, goodbye now!"

Back to top Go down
chikken21

chikken21

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 11:35 pm

Nina looks to Kurt and hesitates. Taking his goodbye as a hint to leave she looks down at the navigation panel.

"Well... I suppose we've recovered enough to jump again," she stutters. The ship's engines begin to rev and the Moscow powers up. Ashvar's eyes grow wide.

"Kurt? Kurt! Don't do this! You'll be sorry!" he cries over the noise as he frantically fiddles with the control panel below him. In the background, Borghas is jumping up and down in excitement.

"Send out an alert you leaping idiot!" Ashvar's face distorts and is lost as the Moscow makes yet another jump.

The ship settles itself on the other side of the time distortion. Everyone sits silently.

"Some of your old pals, eh -" Vorpon begins but is cut off by a loud metallic shriek.

"Sir!" Nina says, "The ship indicates that there are three unidentified entities in the Living Quarters, four unidentified entities outside the Medical Bay and two more in the Hangar!"

"What!? Those crazy bastards!" Vorpon yells as he grabs the loud speaker. "Moscow crew! The pirates crossed time paths with us! They are onboard our vessel! Repeat! They are onboard!"
-------------------------------------------------------------
The Medical Bay doors are blasted open and four armed pirates stand at the doors with blasters. The entire medical staff is inside, but there are several rooms to the Bay so many are out of sight. A large bald man with tattered scrap armor grabs a young woman who was running diagnostics in the lobby.

"Drop your weapons or she dies!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)   Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ex Vessel Moscow: Stavropol Kraigol (Joe, Chance, Billy, Phillip)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next