Legend of Zelda RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You begin with three hearts. You end a legend.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gerhb
Admin

The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest Empty
PostSubject: The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 1:27 am

Deep in the Gerudo Desert, over endless dunes and twixt savage sand storms, Lord Feronis and his ragtag squad of freedom fighters took bastion in the ruins of an old fortress. Sand bitten and half buried, the fortress was perfect for a guerrilla defense. With the rebels scattered at watch points and ambush holes, Feronis settled down for sleep at the night.

His right hand and desert guide, Haza, enters, "sir, the fortress is secure." She sharpened her scimitar with a whetstone, "but Bigs reported Hylians riding in the east. A day's distance, he says, but I don't trust that rock brained goron. I'm taking up watch atop the eastern tower, near the Old Tomb." Haza bowed and stepped out.

The full desert moon poured light into the cracks and ruins of the fortress, but sleep came strangely easy to the ex Iron Knuckle. Something lulled him, calmed him...

The clanking of armor woke Feronis in a instant, like heavy plate being dragged. His armor was gone. And something else was amiss- though it was the dead of night, an ethereal gold glow lingered over the stone walls, the sand, and even Gerome Feronis himself... Outside his makeshift quarters, an even more odd sight. Where his soldiers slept at camp, there were animals. Dogs, badgers, foxes, boars, even a lion... but they slumbered deeply.

A strange voice like a song called out in a faint whisper, "find me..."
Back to top Go down
https://spinattack.forumotion.com
iserguy

iserguy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 2:42 am

I awaken and look around, but something just doesn't feel right, come to think of it, things don't even look right. Where did those animals come from? Someone ran off with my armor, but I'd be caught dead sooner than be seen walking around completely unprotected, especially with things feeling so... wrong. I look around for at least a weapon of some sort (2)(1)(7). I guess the good thing about this eerie light is I don't need to find a torch. I look around for who is supposed to be on patrol (6)(5)(8 ) but either the light is playing tricks on me, or the patrol is on the other side of the camp. I than remember that Haza said she'd be going to the eastern tower near the tomb, and figure I'll try to go find her.
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 2:55 am

Not one of his soldiers in sight, Feronis ventures to the eastern tower. The entrance to the Old Tomb is covered in thick vines sealing it. The tall, crumbling stonework of the eastern tower is an intimidating sight, but at the top of the of dilapidated stairs there glimmered the blade of a sword!

(You must roll to safely ascend the stairs)
Back to top Go down
iserguy

iserguy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 3:08 am

As I wander over to the tower, I can't help feel like I've forgotten something. Was that a voice I heard just now as I awoke? Maybe it was Haza. I walk up to the tower doors, but the seem to be completely sealed off. Another oddity, but those are starting to seem common place. I see a flight of stairs with what appears to be the gleaming blade of a sword at the top, reflecting the strange golden light that seems to hang heavily around. Approaching the stairs I hesitate a moment. I guess it's a good thing I'm not wearing my armor after all, those stairs will probably collapse just under my own weight. I don't see a way I could get through that door covered in vines without some sort of weapon, and the only thing I can see nearby is at the top of those stairs. How the flip did Haza get through? Ah well, I suppose there's only one way to find out. I approach the stairs and start my assent (1)(3)(7). The stairs are sturdier than they appeared and I manage to get to the top easily. A sword. Not my normal weapon of choice, but I can still remember my training, and a few other instances where it's been my only option. I reach for the blade (1)(5)(6)(not sure if that needed a roll)
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 3:25 am

Stones from the stairs fall out from under Gerome's feet, but the deft warrior nimbly caught his footing and finished the ascent. Taking the sword, Feronis notices something odd... this is Haza's scimitar!!!

You got Haza's Blade! Beautiful carvings line the blade in flower patterns inked black. And there's something special about the weapon you can't quite understand at this time. (This weapon deals 2D10 damage per success on a hit).
Back to top Go down
iserguy

iserguy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 3:20 pm

Haza's Blade, but no Haza. Where could that girl have gotten to? I look around any other sign of Haza, and to get my bearings at the top of these stairs (3)(4)(6). (what is up here? is it just a landing with crumpled walls, or am I in some sort of structure now?)
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:36 am

The top of the tower is open to the world outside and proves a great vantage point, though there doesn't appear to be anything else of interest here or in the distance.
Back to top Go down
iserguy

iserguy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 5:40 am

Well, I suppose it's possible Haza got herself trapped inside the building, though I'm a little worried about her now, not to mention the rest of my men. I don't suppose worrying about them will do much to help find them. Besides, this is probably just a dream anyway. I head back down the stairs [1, 3, 8] and start slashing at the vines covering the tomb entrance [2, 2, 8].

Last edited by iserguy on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:51 pm

Feronis deftly disembarks the tower and makes quick work of the pesky vines. Stairs descend to the depths of the Old Tomb, the golden light shines to reveal the stairs go on for quite some time. You make your way down, the lengthy stairwell eventually opens to large hall lined with great columns, statues of gerudo heroes, and aged, deteriorating murals.

As you step into the room of marvels, the door slams behind you! Three flashes of white light fill the room, and in their wake appears three swirling white vortexes suspended in the air... out of them drop three unusual Imperial soldiers... their armor is aglow with a white shimmer and fog drips from their bodies.

"He's trying to find all of you! Fight your way through! These men are no match for you here in this world!"

During your post, you may make one attack with a weapon or item. Later, items and abilities will allow to make multiple attacks. You roll three D8s for your attack roll (because D8 difficulty), and each success on that roll translates to damage! You can take other actions during combat in addition to your attack, like hiding or searching.
Back to top Go down
iserguy

iserguy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:10 pm

I draw my sword with hardly a thought and drop into a defensive stance used for fighting multiple enemies. Three at once is hardly a fair fight, but I've gotten out of worse situations. "I don't suppose any of you would mind telling me where I am?" Didn't think so. I go in for the attack, starting with the one on the left [4, 5, 6].
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:31 pm

The soldier jumps back just narrowly dodging your slash... and then they all charge you swinging their swords in vicious arcs!

Make three defense rolls.
Back to top Go down
iserguy

iserguy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:18 pm

I try to recover from the miss by shifting to the side and holding my scimitar up to block oncoming attacks [1, 2, 7] [1, 1, 7] [4, 4, 7, 8] (hero die). I'm going to have to make quick work of these if I'm going to survive this. I attack the first one on the left again, while shifting to the side, trying to avoid the other two. [2, 3, 4] dmg: [3, 7] [3, 4]
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:42 pm

A soldier lands a lucky strike, placing a nasty gash on your back. But you counter quickly! Haza's scimitar slashes apart your foe! The soldier bursts into a flash of white mist and vanishes. The other two soldiers rush in for another onslaught!

Make 2 defense rolls (1 heart threat each) then take your turn.
Back to top Go down
iserguy

iserguy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 7:29 pm

Yes, the sword forms are starting to come back to me. I use Apple Blossoms on the Wind to push back the oncoming attacks from the two remaining Imperials [1, 3, 7] [3, 4, 8]. Then, focusing on the soldier now on my left I attack with The Moon Rises Over Water to slash at him [2, 7, 7] dmg [1, 6].
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:33 pm

Focusing on the ebb and flow between swordsman and foe, you masterfully tap the balance between the lunar pull and the tide, bringing the blade and its mark to their fatal collision. It bursts apart is a vaporous white glow and vanishes to nothingness...

The last foe is no match for your expertise... but the soldier does not relent, lashing out with its blade once more.

Make one defense roll, then your turn.
Back to top Go down
iserguy

iserguy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 11:47 pm

I see a chance as the enemies weapon comes towards me and attempt Cat Dances on the Wall, knocking the opponent's weapon aside [1, 3, 6] and follow through, sweeping his legs (hero die) [3, 4, 5, 7] dmg [4, 5].
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:36 pm

Gracefully Feronis commands the battle, denying the soldier's offense and promptly ended his foe.

As the battle ended, Lord Feronis heard a familiar voice, "commander, this way!" Haza's voice sounded from the other side of a door at the end of the grand hall. Before Gerome could respond, a booming crash sound from outside the tomb.

"You're almost there," the songlike voice called out, "Haza will explain soon!"

The tomb shook as something began to crash through the stairwell, digging its way deeper. Stones fell from the ceiling and columns collapsed.

Roll to dodge debris.
Back to top Go down
iserguy

iserguy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:39 pm

As my foe falls to the ground I search for any remains he may have left that might aid me on my quest (loot hearts) [1, 1, 8]. I hear voices in my head. One sounds like Haza. I can trust her. That means I can trust the other, right? What exactly is going on here. It feels too real to be a dream, but feels to wrong to be real. I guess there's nothing to do but press on. Suddenly it sounds as if something is coming for me. Something big. I see rubble falling from the ceiling and jump out of the way [1,4,4]. I guess it's a good thing I wasn't wearing my armor right then. I might have been crushed.

Hearts: 3
Hero Points: 2
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 1:52 pm

Feronis makes his way through the door. The next hall is a great burial room, lined with intricate sarcophagi for great Gerudo warriors. Haza stands among them, "sir, glad to see you made it here in one piece. We don't have much time, but I am sure you have questions."
Back to top Go down
iserguy

iserguy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 3:41 pm

As I walk up towards Haza I say, half scoffing "Well I'm sure you can guess most of them, such as: Where the hell are we?" Gesturing generally around me at the strange golden lit world that seems to glow with no source, "What the hell's going on?" I say as I continue walking, "How the hell did you get in here?" approaching her now "and why the hell do I have your sword?" I say proffering it to her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Feronis - Rank D8 Quest
Page 1 of 1