You begin with three hearts. You end a legend.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gerhb
Admin

The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest Empty
PostSubject: The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 2:43 am

His wrists were bruised from the wooden stocks Lock had worn over his shoulders as the Imperials marched him through Hyrule Field. The noble in charge, Lord Boris, threw him into a barred cell at the garrison. From his confinement there was a view of the guillotine that Boris had promised would soon caress his neck. His cell was surrounded by guards and there was a tight watch on the perimeter... this was quite a sticky situation.

"I have been looking for you." A strong, feminine voice with an eastern accent accent spoke from behind. A woman with skin the color of a pine needle and hair like fall sat in the cell with him. "Apparently I wasn't the only one searching for the infamous Lock and his band of merry bandits. I am Felzarra, archer and freedom fighter from the Oasis, I hear you were looking for-"

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Boris came marching back a quick pace, his armor a little too clean for a soldier. "Green skin whore, you're coming with me." His lackeys held out swords as the cell opened, and Felzarra left the cell. "The Mad King wants her to translate the gibberish in the ruins, take her to the Temple Cave. As for you, Sleyborin, I hope your neck is thicker than the trunks in the Lost Woods." Boris laughed, satisfied with himself. As she walked away, Felzarra turned to Lock and winked, dropping a shiny metal object on the ground just outside his cell.

Before he could identify the object, a strange drowsiness over came him and he fell to the ground sleeping.

Lock woke the to sound of wood stretching. All the camp was covered in an otherworldly golden shimmer, and a beautiful voice serenaded him in a gentle whisper, "find me"...
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://spinattack.forumotion.com
chikken21

chikken21

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 3:36 am

Lock peered wildly around himself. Even surrounded by a cell, being bound in the center of Hyrule Field made him feel exposed and on edge. If he could get his hands on what he thought that silver object was, maybe he could get out of here. The first thing he would do with his freedom though, was put an arrow through Boris' stumpy throat. His bow! Where was it?

He swiveled himself into a position to grab the silver object Felzarra had dropped. As he did so, he scanned his surroundings for his equipment. (8,4,4)

He resisted the urge to call out to Felzarra, keeping stealth an ally would surely benefit him. What was that voice? What in Farore's name was going on?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 11:23 pm

Felzarra had picked the key right off of Lord Boris! Alas, there was nothing else of use in the cell. Strangely, none of the soldiers were in the garrison. In fact, the entire place was covered in sleeping animals!
Back to top Go down
chikken21

chikken21

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:32 am

Lock grabbed the key and unlocked the cell. Cautiously, he peered out into the hallway. Seeing only animals, he attempted to disassemble the guillotine in the event that he ended up back in its line of sight. (3,3,2) He let himself shudder slightly after finishing. Turning back to his surroundings and seeing only animals, he called out.

"Felzarra?" he made a harsh whisper. "Hello?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:36 am

Breaking apart the guillotine, a small heart shaped gem falls out...

Heart piece for that super crit! Collect three more and permanently improve your hearts!

Felzarra is no where to be seen, no one is...
Back to top Go down
chikken21

chikken21

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:57 am

Lock was confused and, he admitted to himself, a little bit frightened, but he wasn't about to take his good fortune for granted. He searched the camp for anything useful once more (4,7,4) and then looked for the closest escape route. (1,2,2)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:07 am

The camp seemed pretty scant, but as he searched for a way out, he found two odd things...

A hole going straight underground with a ladder, and a bow next to it.

You got Felzara's Bow!
It's beautifully etched with gerudo symbols and is expertly crafted in the recurved fashion of the east. It deals 2D8 damage. There appears to be something special about this bow but you don't understand it yet!
Back to top Go down
chikken21

chikken21

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:16 am

The bow felt strange in his hand. He longed for his own bow, but it was hard not to acknowledge the craftsmanship of this one. Even though his instincts told him to continue his retreat, he found himself being drawn to the hole in the ground. Was he dreaming? Against his better judgement, he descended into the ground.

When he reached the bottom, he notched an arrow in his new bow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:32 pm

A stoned path led deeper into the strange cave, his way lit by the golden light all around. As you step further in, you see a familiar face ahead. Felzarra! "Lock! You made it, sorry, I knew you would get out and I had to get here as fast as possible." The room you find yourself in is... unusual... The walls are covered in a cryptic writing unlike anything you've ever seen. Felzarra seems to be reading the text eagerly, urgently even. "I'll explain everything shortly, we don't have much time." She mumbles to herself as she regards the text.

"Almost fin-"

A flash of white light erupts in the room and a massive swirling white vortex opens over the ceiling... An armored arm reaches out, and the hand grabs Felzarra!

"LOCK!!!" She cries out for help as the hand begins to rescind.
Back to top Go down
chikken21

chikken21

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:10 pm

"Damn it!"

Without time for thinking, Lock righted his notched bow and fired an arrow at the fleshy crevice between the beast's armor plating. (2,4,6, Hero Point: 6)

(In the event it's needed, Damage Roll: 8 + 6)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:29 pm

The hand tenses in pain and drops Felzarra! "Hold him off, Lock! We need to get through!"

In retaliation it balls into a fist and attempts to slam you into chu jelly!

Make a defense roll!
Back to top Go down
chikken21

chikken21

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:41 pm

"What the hell did you get me into!?"

But his verbal retaliation was quicker than his feet. He rolled awkwardly sideways, failing to avoid the oncoming fist. (6,8,4)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:53 pm

The heavy metal fist smashes your body, tossing you across the room.

"I'm almost done, Lock! Hold it off just a few more seconds!"

Take two hearts of damage.
Back to top Go down
chikken21

chikken21

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 7:58 pm

Shaking off the ringing sound in his ears, Lock dragged himself away from his attacker. He spun on his heel and let loose another arrow, but the pain threw off his aim. (8, 7, 7)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:43 pm

"Got it!" Felzarra speaks a low chant in a strange tongue, and the wall lowers into the floor, revealing a passage deeper.

The hand reaches down and clenches Felzarra, "NO!!!"

Ripping back, Felzarra disappears through the white vortex along with the hand...

"Lock..." a singing voice calls out... "Hyrule is doomed if she is killed... you must go after her!"

The vortex crackles with thunderous bolts of energy, hovering above you. Some vines hug the wall up to the portal...

You can make a climbing roll if your character chooses to pursue Felzarra.
Back to top Go down
chikken21

chikken21

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 4:02 pm

Lock flashed a momentary glance down the opened passage. He sighed.

"Curse my chivalric nature..." He muttered as he shimmied up the vines after the mysterious woman. (3,1,7)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:18 pm

Entering the vortex turned out to be a terrifying ordeal as a flash of icy cold rushed through his veins and his mind spun in a mad delirium.

Bursting through the other side, Lock fell out onto a stony floor in the midst of a great castle chamber...

It was a throne room, decorated with gorgeous columns and tapestries of Hyrulian history. The Triforce symbol stood as a common motif across the decor. But this place was not right, there was no golden glow here... In fact, a thick white fog swirled along the floor and everything was overwhelmingly bright.

Felzara was being dragged across the room... by something, horrible... At its center was what appeared to be a man in white armor, but all around it, some being... like a phantom... constantly reached out of the man's armor with ghostly arms and legs and wings and a face wrought with horror.
Back to top Go down
chikken21

chikken21

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:40 pm

Lock stared, gaping for a moment. The spirits of the forest were unsettling to some for certain, but none were so terrifying as the thing that stood before him. Was that man possessed? No matter. First things first. Felzara was in danger and her well being was much more important than he had originally thought. Alright voice in my head. he thought help me out here.

Lock timed his aim and sent an arrow flying towards the writhing appendages. (1,6,7) Without looking to see what he had hit, Lock glanced around the room for anything that might be helpful. (Hero Point, loot: 1,6,7)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 12:28 am

A whisper sings in your mind, "the torch..."

A breeze rolls across the room and a golden torch on the wall lights up in a multitude of colors, shimmering a bright resplendent aura around it.

You got the Fairy's Torch
This torch prevents spiritual creatures from entering it's aura!

The arrow sinks into the phantom creature and it howls in agony, the screech chilling your bones. It strikes Felzara, knocking her unconscious on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Lock - Rank D8 Quest
Page 1 of 1