You begin with three hearts. You end a legend.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gerhb
Admin

The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest Empty
PostSubject: The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 4:16 am

Drawn to the unusual melodies and sounds, the stony Daridus finds himself among a strange throng of musicians, all little talking plant creatures. It turned out this was a traveling band from the Deku Palace, and they weren't far on their journey. Though they were a nervous lot, it was a nice departure from Hylian settlements and the less than friendly Imperials who always assumed that Daridus was a lowly servant on a errand. Unlike the Imperials, these Deku were thrilled to have a guest, especially one as boisterous and excitable to music as this goron.

A young scrub seemed eager to show off his fancy lute to Daridus. The runt carried the name Leafnote, and energetically boasted about a nearby shrine, "when you play the right notes", he spoke excitedly, "the statues at the Temple of Songs will show you their secrets! Papa-Leaf says it's dangerous, and he doesn't like me to go there, but I sneak out at night anyhow, I even made a map! But I can't figure out the right notes."

The Deku played and played, it was hard to tell at times whether their songs were composition or improvisation, but the eclectic music was a pleasure to hear. And the lyrics were laden with tales of strange deku heroes, one who even saved the world from being crushed by the moon!

The songs went on and on... vibrant though the songs were, Daridus couldn't help but feel exhausted. Something made him very tired...

The goron awoke to a quiet camp, everything glimmered with a strange gold sheen... the musicians were gone but there were birds, monkeys, dogs, and other animals sleeping all over the musicians' bed rolls. One bed roll had no inhabitant, but instead a piece of parchment lay on the blanket. A gentle, rhythmic voice sounded to Daridus in a whispy croon, "find me"...
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://spinattack.forumotion.com
Nundahl

Nundahl

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 8:32 pm

Daridus rolls himself like a boulder and squints against the strange ambiance, staring at the menagerie around him in disbelief. Still stretching his limbs and gaining control of his faculties, the Goron cracks his lips to mumble, "Strange... looks like a dream... but doesn't feel like it".

Cautiously, he lifts himself up to great heights over the bed rolls and chirping, skittering beasts and reaches slowly for his knotted wood walking stick, finding a rascally little lemur perched and gripping the head, tail coiled down around it. "Well, my, my" he rumbles playfully to the scamp, "What do you think little primate? Is this a dream or-" before he can finish the question he is interrupted and turns is head swiftly seeking a source for the ethereal call, some disembodied voice in the air, a demand or a plea? "Find you," he replies to the nothingness around him, "But who are you?"

Marching across the camp, stick in hand and young lemur tenaciously clung, he spots the note left on the vacant sleeping sack and bends down to pick it up and read its words.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:24 am

The note was in fact a map! The map appears to lead to a place nearby. There are plenty of scribbles on it, it appears to be some kind of system of musical notes, many slashed out.

The voice does not reply to Daridus's call.

You may roll to translate the music notes.
Back to top Go down
Nundahl

Nundahl

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 12:41 am

Using his thick rough finger to mark his place, the Goron drags it along the paper humming what he believes to be the proper tune.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 3:47 pm

Though Leafnote's penmanship is lacking, the written melody off by just a subtle tone. With a few assertions, Daridus reworks the song... it hangs in the air with a low sound, though soft and sweet.

You learned the Fairy's Chant!
Humming its notes, you can feel their magical weight. Though you can't quite understand its power just yet.
Back to top Go down
Nundahl

Nundahl

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 5:11 pm

The song continues to vibrate through Daridus' throat as he examines the map and looks around him to make sense of the surreal glow and regain bearing on his heading. Once confident, he pauses his humming briefly and tips his head to his ring-tailed little friend, "So then tiny primate, would you like to come with on my journey or are you staying here?"

Daridus will march on once he has assessed whether the lemur is content to stay clung to his staff or drop off or scurry down when actual travel begins. He does not even question that he should do anything but follow this map, and strikes up the song again as he goes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:37 pm

The map led a short way into the Deku marsh flats. The wetlands were quite a sight in the golden light over the world, and the stars shone brightly above, a unique show as starlight met this gold shimmer. Ahead, in the middle of the field, a stone platform made for a shrine of sorts. There were many statues here... four hylians, a goron, a deku scrub, a gerudo man, a twili, a rito, a kokiri, a zora child, a zora man, and a wolf. There was something familiar about all of them... but before the goron had time to understand, he heard a rumbling in the distance. Trees snapped in the swamp nearby, crashing left and right, a trampling nearing closer and closer to him. Something big was coming...
Back to top Go down
Nundahl

Nundahl

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:55 pm

Unable to possibly guess what could be coming, Daridus rushes for cover. Crouching as much as possible into the thick, wet marsh and ducking behind a corner of the stone platform so he can still peek at whatever approaches.

2, 6, 5 - Roll to hide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 5:27 pm

Daridus took cover as the monster revealed itself. The thing was colossal, crashing out of the swamp on huge hoofed hind legs... It's face was horned with tusks the size of Daridus, a fiery red mane, and its eyes were filled with rage and evil. It scanned the flats and roared, it's bellowing shout echoing across the great field. It hadn't see you yet.

"You have to hurry, Daridus! The statues await!" The song like voice hung in the air, a strange calm in its tone.
Back to top Go down
Nundahl

Nundahl

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 7:20 pm

Daridus' throat is clenched by fear, but the voice seems to know something, has some plan for him. He doesn't know what to do, but he senses the song must be important. He's heard tale of legendary tones, with strange powers to change the world or time itself given proper place and play. Maybe this could be such a song, maybe it awakens the statues to battle or soothes the savage beast, he does not know why, but he must try.

Daridus stands and trusts the song, bellowing with his mighty lungs the Deku's crooning tune.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:26 pm

Bravely, Daridus sung out. The beast turned its head and began a stampede toward the shrine, ground shaking as it trod.

As the Fairy Chant resonated in the air, the statues began to hum and glow...

The beast thrashed at the shrine, swinging its hulking fists at Daridus. As the beast reached into the shrine, a shield of gold light bounced the monster back. It howled in rage and tried again and again.

The stones in the center of the platform shifted revealing a stairwell leading deep underground...

Suddenly the gold shield shattered! The enraged beast slammed viciously at Daridus...

Roll for defense!
Back to top Go down
Nundahl

Nundahl

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 8:21 pm

Daridus' mouth drops in horror terminating the song, he scrambles and takes a wide defensive swing with the blunt head of his walking stick then grabs the haft in two hands and jams at the beast's terrible paw with the opposite end to keep it back. All the while, he cautiously backs into the newly revealed stairwell.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Daridus - Rank D8 Quest
Page 1 of 1