You begin with three hearts. You end a legend.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gerhb
Admin

The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest Empty
PostSubject: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 4:56 am

It hadn't been easy surviving in the Gerudo Valley. Since deserting Flynt's battalion, Redo had been searching for the rebels in a gamble to switch sides and exact some revenge. The jagged cliffs and canyons and the roaring rivers made the valley a less than friendly traverse. As night fell into the distant desert, a pleasant smell filled the wayward Kokiri's nose. A clumsly Hylian in Imperial garb had left his food exposed as he slept. Easy pickings.

Redo began to pilfer the food, taking a few bites of hylian bread, but then he saw it... there was an arrow protruding from the hylian's shoulder, a nasty, deep wound. Even more surprising, the arrow was of Imperial fletching; Redo had seen plenty of them in his brief stint as a soldier. The man was out cold... clutching an envelope containing a note and a map.

"My family's treasure lie in the Valley Catacombs, you must find it to save our people. Find it, and then find me, my love." The note is signed, "Haza".

The map was on aged parchment, but its faded ink charted the valley and marked a nearby location. The catacombs.

Perhaps it was the food and that Redo had not eaten in so long, but he suddenly felt a swelling of exhaustion, and the kokiri passed out in the wounded Hylian's rugged camp.

When he woke, the dark valley was lit with an eerie golden glow and the Hylian was gone... a beautiful voice sung out in a whispy melody, "find me"...
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://spinattack.forumotion.com
chanceypoo

chanceypoo

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 4:23 pm

Redo started awake and immediately took quick stock of his surroundings as he had become so accustomed to doing. He was taken aback by this strange light and the ethereal voice. He had convinced himself that such magical happenings and mysteries simply did not occur outside of the Lost Woods.

But the voice would have to wait. He remembered the map and the cryptic note. Perhaps this treasure, whatever it may be, was exactly what he needed to convince the resistance that he could be a valuable ally. He made a mental note that the Hylian soldier had disappeared and remembered the arrow, wondering for a moment how an Imperial arrow had found Imperial blood... but this was a distraction from his new goal.

Redo searched the remnants of the rugged camp for anything useful to him (6,2,5) and set out with new determination towards the Valley Catacombs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:10 am

The camp was sparse, but Redo did find a bundle of Deku Sticks.

The valley was well lit by the odd glow, but the map was still a challenge to follow. Strangely, it seemed to dead end at a rushing waterfall...

You got Deku Sticks (5) !
Deku Sticks deal 1D10 damage! Who knows what else they could be used for!
Back to top Go down
chanceypoo

chanceypoo

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:41 am

"This seems odd..." Redo thought to himself. "I've heard of buried treasure and hidden treasures in rock faces but a waterfall?"

He reexamines the map with more scrutiny to discover if perhaps he had read it wrong initially (3,8,3) but, satisfied with his navigation skills, he set off to examine the waterfall closer.

After inspecting the face of the falls for any secrets or oddities (7,8,Cool, Redo decides this calls for closer inspection. Tucking the map away into a (hopefully) waterproof area, Redo rushes towards the waterfall, searching for what may be on the other side.

(7,2,5) if a swim roll is needed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:50 am

A bad slip and the waterfall pushes Redo down hard. You slam into a few rocks on your tumble.

Take a heart of damage.

You catch yourself fast though, swimming under the waterfall. There appears to be a cave, but you'll have to climb the slippery rock face to get to it.
Back to top Go down
chanceypoo

chanceypoo

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:56 am

Redo curses at himself under his breath for being careless enough to hurt himself out here all alone. The last thing he needs now is a cracked rib. He decides to channel the pain into sheer concentration as he attempts to scale the slippery rocks in front of him (2,3,6). He had to know what was in that cave...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:00 am

Redo scales the rock wall, his lesson well learned. The cave is up ahead but a slab of stone seals it. Two torch stands are on either side of the door. One of them casts an orange glow on the little cave.
Back to top Go down
chanceypoo

chanceypoo

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:06 am

He begins to feel around the stone slab, searching for any writing, clues, indentations, ANYTHING! (4,1,5).

He then takes out the map to inspect for any clues about this new obstacle, praying to the great Forest Sage herself that the map hadn't become ruined in the fall. He brings the map as close to the orange glow as he can, hoping to get a better view...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:08 am

The map has a strange note on it next to the Catacombs. It simply reads, "2".
Back to top Go down
chanceypoo

chanceypoo

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:10 am

Redo was immedialy thankful for his slight schooling for he was able to understand this symbol. But why was it here? 2... Yes he had two hands, two feet... But what else could that symbol refer to in this instance? "Curse your family's riddles Haza, I need this treasure now!" he cried out in frustration.

He resigned to rest for a while and ponder his predicament. Perhaps he missed something on the slab after all. Using a trick well known to his people, Redo used the dryest deku stick in his bundle to transfer the flame from the lit torch to the unlit torch in the opposite sconce.

"Maybe this will shed some new light" he thought to himself with a grin. He stepped back once again, determined not to be outwitted by a stone slab.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:02 pm

As the torch took light, the door slid open, revealing a cobbled path into a stony tomb that would be pitch dark were it not for the golden glow all over the world.

THE VALLEY CATACOMBS

The cobbled path takes you in, sloping down a bit until it opens to a foyer of sorts... along the walls of this large open, circular room, hollow slots in the stone shelf caskets or wrapped bodies. Apart from the direction you came, there are halls to your left and your right.

As you step into the room, the doors all slam shut!

The song like voice calls to you, louder, more urgent, and concerned, "he knows you're here! Be careful! His servants are not nearly as strong as you in this world!"

There are three flashes of white light, and out of three strange spinning vortex like portals of circling white energy, three Imperial soldiers drop out. They're armor is strange, glowing white and dripping a heavy fog from all over. They each carry swords and began to advance on you!

During your post, you may make one attack with a weapon or item. Later, items and abilities will allow to make multiple attacks. You roll three D8s for your attack roll (because D8 difficulty), and each success on that roll translates to damage! You can take other actions during combat in addition to your attack, like hiding or searching.
Back to top Go down
chanceypoo

chanceypoo

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:46 pm

Stunned for a moment, Redo calls out to the voice, "What do you mean this world? Where am I!?" Using the remnants of the still burning deku stick in his hands, he swung with all his might at the foe nearest him (2,3,2) [Dam if hit: 7,2,2]

After striking, Redo rolls to his side and searches for some cover (7,7,3) while trying to identify these strange assailants.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:26 pm

His burning torch shatters the soldier into a burst of glowing mist that dissipates as quickly as it came.

Redo searches quickly for cover but there's nothing good in this room. The soldiers approach, swords raised...

Roll twice for two separate defenses. (And don't forget to use a Hero Point if you need it)
Back to top Go down
chanceypoo

chanceypoo

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:45 pm

Defense roll 1: (1,4,Cool
Defense roll 2: (8,7,2)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:57 pm

Deftly, Redo tucks away from each attack and prepares his retaliation!
Back to top Go down
chanceypoo

chanceypoo

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:03 pm

"Curse these things for being so fragile, I'll have to make each one count." He drew the next deku stick and once again threw his full weight into a swing at the next creature. (3,6,1) Dam: [5,3]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:34 pm

His time under Flynt's command proved useful in one way... Redo proved very combat capable as he avoided each attack and smashed another soldier into a white mist. Undeterred, the final soldier came in for a violent swing.

(go ahead and post defense and attacks in the same post, if you fail the roll, take a heart of damage)
Back to top Go down
chanceypoo

chanceypoo

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 6:02 pm

[Hero Point to claim a recovery heart from that fallen enemy]

Defense: (2,5,7)

Avoiding the ghostly sword one more time, Redo was invigorated. It wasn't often that he felt powerful, he had become used to being small and inadequate. Drawing his next stick and swinging yet again, he found himself yelling "For Kali!" almost as if by accident.

Attack: (4,8,1)
Dam: [3]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 6:25 pm

The soldier recoiled at the hit, but remained standing, and charged to attack again!!!

From outside the catacombs... a large rumbling shook the building... a loud sound like thunderous foot steps. It was getting closer.

Roll defense and take your turn.
Back to top Go down
chanceypoo

chanceypoo

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 6:59 pm

Defense: (2,3,6)

Taken aback by his sudden emotional outcry, Redo steadied himself. Emotions are something he left behind long ago. The rumbling outside was disturbing... but in this cave behind the waterfall, he was surely safe and unseen. Grabbing his second to last deku stick, he steeled himself, returning to his usual rational state, and swung away.

Attack: (5,5,3)
Dam: [7]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:05 pm

Cracking the soldier in its skull, Redo banishes it into a burst of glowing white mist. They're all down...

The doors leading left and right slide open to two long, winding hallways...

A thunderous crash sounds from the sealed off stairwell, something's trying to get in...
Back to top Go down
chanceypoo

chanceypoo

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 4:00 pm

Redo's instinct tells him to hide deeper inside. He rushes to the right door and enters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 5:59 pm

The hall to the right leads to a strange chamber... A great crystal on the ceiling shines white light through a lantern of sorts, organizing the light into beams. The beams strike a series of five mirrors along the walls of this tall chamber, arcing the beams into chaotic spotlights around the room, one shining on a large chest atop a pedestal in the center. The mirrors were high on the walls, which were covered in strange blue vines dripping with moisture.

Behind you, the thunderous crashing of stone echoed in the halls. Something had broken in.
Back to top Go down
chanceypoo

chanceypoo

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:57 pm

Redo's interest immediately shifted to the chest on the pedestal. The curiosity about what it may contain surpassed his fear of whatever just entered the cave. He walked hurriedly to the center of the room to investigate the chest, taking a closer look at the strange blue vines along the wall (2,8,7) along the way.

[Assuming Redo reaches the chest unmolested, ignore if he does not reach the chest]
He reaches the chest immersed in the strange light. Opening the chest (1,2,4) Redo reaches deep inside to discover what secrets are inside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 1:31 pm

The vines only appear unique in their color.

The chest is locked!

A blood curdling roar reverberates through the hall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Redo - Rank D8 Quest
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next