You begin with three hearts. You end a legend.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gerhb
Admin

The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest Empty
PostSubject: The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 1:58 pm

Winter in the Snowpeak is not a matter for the faint of heart, and though the wind cut to his bones and the mountains proved a daunting traverse, Jason Reed was not a man to quit. He heard rumor that perhaps the mystical sword he sought lay deep in the northern mountains, at the resting place of a Great Fairy. The quest was proving a fool's errand, however. Running low on supplies and trudging forward on nothing but pure pluck, Thorb finally reached a settlement deep in the white frontier.

A mix of the white furred, jovial yooks and a hearty kinship of rugged mountain hylians, the community welcomed the stranger with a celebration befit a noble. That is to say, Jason was forced to share ale after ale. The tavern was raucous and the boasts were many, mountain folk wrestled, both the men and women displayed their burliness. Tales dripped from lips like ale from the spicket, and finally the mayor, Magni, unraveled the tale he came to hear.

"This Great Fairy watched over the Snowpeaks, her gift was warmth, she would share it with the lost and weary traveler or a dying beast. But then the "Man in White came, as he had to several of Great Fairies. He demanded her gift, and when she refused, he took it at the edge of a sword. The sword was not of mortal make, and could slay even a demi-god like the Great Fairy. Since her death, nothing holds back the blizzards, and to be alone in Snowpeak is to be truly cold. My daughter, "Hazel, still travels to Fairy's Rest. She believes the magic of warmth may still be there..."

The weaving of the tale intrigued Jason, but he also found himself drifting off. Sleep soon claimed him.

When he woke, the tavern was aglow with a golden light and its dwellers were a ensemble of various animals, wolves, wild cats, bears... A hauntingly beautiful voice sang to him in a quiet hum, "find me"...
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://spinattack.forumotion.com
chaosmittens

chaosmittens

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 5:00 pm

Jason wakes with a jolt. The once lively tavern was now somber and quiet. Had it all been a dream, or was it real? The head ache he felt was real enough so either it was really good ale, or hunger was getting to him. Either way he needed to get moving. He picked himself up, and it was then that the music had finally sunk in. It reminded him of a tune he had heard a long time ago from an old man on a bridge. But the voice, the voice was very different. It hung in the air like an early morning fog.

The animals... Was this a dream? Either way he needed to start heading out. Jason searched the tavern for anything of use: food, water, tools, anything he could use to get farther up the mountain. [7][4][1]

The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest L7jZsiJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:21 am

The settlement carried plenty of food and water, but the best find was a Yook Tunic!

You got the Yook Tunic! It's smelly and warm and the fur is of questionable origin, but surely it's good protection against the cold!
Back to top Go down
chaosmittens

chaosmittens

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:50 am

Taking up what he can, and putting on the fur-lined, Jason starts making his way out into the snowy tundra. Listening for the music to guide him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:57 am

The hike is arduous, but he does feel that lingering hum... it pulls him farther north...

Along a cliff face, you see a structure not too far ahead. The stonework looks ancient but well crafted, it seems to enter into the cave... you can't make out much more in the blizzard...

A jolt of wind tears at your feet and the ground shakes below you!

Roll to stay afoot!
Back to top Go down
chaosmittens

chaosmittens

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:30 am

Jason's mind flashes white with fear, as he tries to prevent falling from the frosty crown.[3][4][6]

With any hope he will make it and begin trying to make his way into the cave, before the wind decides to make try and make off with him again.

The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest CSgwxFA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:04 pm

The wind tears his feet out from under him but he deftly catches the cliffside with his hands and pulls himself up... Resisting the elements, Jason trudges forward and enters the cave. Though there is little warmth here, the golden glow at least keeps the darkness lit. The cave spirals down, dotted with occasional stonework on the walls and plated with shimmering ice. The path opens to a large cavern with an icy ground and crystalline walls. You see a sword stabbed into the ground up ahead... the blade shimmers with frost, the hilt guard is a mighty silver and a metal talon reaches out from the bottom of the handle, grasping a hazel colored jewel to form the pommel.

As you step into the room, white light flashes all around you, a stone slab seals the way back! Three glowing white, spinning vortexes appear in the air, out of them falls three Imperial soldiers. Their armor is glowing white and dripping fog, they brandish swords and march at you!

During your post, you may make one attack with a weapon or item. Later, items and abilities will allow to make multiple attacks. You roll three D8s for your attack roll (because D8 difficulty), and each success on that roll translates to damage! You can take other actions during combat in addition to your attack, like hiding or searching.

To remove that sword from the ice, you'll need to make a roll.
Back to top Go down
chaosmittens

chaosmittens

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:14 pm

Watching his reflection in the icy walls, Jason makes his way down the cave. Upon reaching the cavern and the slamming of the door, Jason looks back to see the passage closed. Then with the appearance of the sword he rushes for the blade. Grasping the grip of the frosted blade, Jason pulls with all his strength\[2][5][6]. The blade begins to move and it's icy coat begins to crack. A moment later the blade is unsheathed from its stone sheath.

The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest LJivb

With the misty soldiers closing in Jason lunges at the nearest one swinging the sword down in a vertical arch from over his head. Attack: [1][4][7] Damage: [4][5][5] (Used Hero Die)

Hero Points: IV
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:38 pm

The blade cut through the soldier like it was nothing... the slain foe burst into a flash of white mist and vanished as the other two stepped forward to attack!

You got Hazel's Sword!
It deals 2D6 damage and there appears to be something special about it... but you can't understand it yet.

Roll two defense, if you fail either roll, take a heart of damage. Then you may take your turn.
Back to top Go down
chaosmittens

chaosmittens

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:00 pm

Defense: [3][1][8],[4][6][8]

The Mist Knight lunges at Jason, but he parries the blow. While Jason's blade was locked the other swung his blade slashing into his side.

Disengaging from his foes, Jason prepares for his attack and thrusts at the Mist Knight on the left.
Attack: [5][2][7] Damage: [1][6][2] (Hero Point) = 9

Hearts: <3<3
Hero Points: III
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 3:20 pm

Jason takes a nasty wound, but doesn't give it much of a thought as he retaliates. Hazel's steel pierces a soldier with ease, destroying it in a burst of white mist.

The last soldier does not yield, and attacks again!

Make a defense roll, then your turn.
Back to top Go down
chaosmittens

chaosmittens

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 10:47 pm

Defense:[7][8][1]

After dispersing the second foe, Jason doesn't hesitate as he watches the white blade being swung at him. He dodges the sword by the skin of his teeth, and with an upward swing attempts to smite his foe.

Attack: [1][4][3]

Damage: [5][6][2], [6][5][4][2] (hero point)
Hero Points: II
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:49 pm

As the final foe erupts into a haze of white mist, the room flashes in a glow of white...

"This place is dangerous, Jason Reed." The musical voice sings to you again...

"He has been here before and his twisted magic remains..."

A white fog rolled over the icy floor...

"He is coming... You must hurry! I will open the way to my sister's tomb."

A wall of ice shattered into a blast of shards, revealing a stairway leading deep. Before Jason can move, the fog wraps in tendrils around you! They hold you down in a grasping bind, trying to pull you under!
Back to top Go down
chaosmittens

chaosmittens

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:14 pm

The sudden clenching of the fog takes Jason by surprise. As he falls to the floor, he can feel his breath being squeezed out of him. With all his might he resists the fogs grasp. (7)(4)(2)

Breaking the clenching mist's hold on him, Jason scrambles to his feet and begins rushing down the revealed passage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 1:43 pm

The icy corridor leads down to a strangely warm chamber. It's a fountain of sorts, stoned walls and a pool of warm water along the floor. There was at once something vibrant and something empty about this room...

A young girl with messy brunette hair and fur lined armor waved at you happily as you arrived, "Jason Reid, it is good that you are here! I am Hazel, I have a task for you!"
Back to top Go down
chaosmittens

chaosmittens

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:22 pm

'Was this it, The Fairy's Rest?' thought Jason as he stepped into the warmth of the fountain. The cold washed away like melting ice. "Hazel, the mayor's daughter? So does that mean that... this is the Fairy's Rest? And a task? What do you need of me?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:16 am

"There is a beast below this water, when are ready, see the world on the other side and leap in. You will find part of what you seek there."
Back to top Go down
chaosmittens

chaosmittens

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 11:23 am

"A beast? What kinda of beast lies beneath the surface?" Jason's voice had a twinge of fear in it. Water monsters were always gruesome, and the idea of fighting underwater was frightening. But that wasn't gonna stop him from reaching his goal. He steeled himself and began wading deep into the Fairy Spring.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Jason - Rank D8 Quest
Page 1 of 1