You begin with three hearts. You end a legend.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

The Legend of Gier - Rank D8 Quest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gerhb
Admin

The Legend of Gier - Rank D8 Quest Empty
PostSubject: The Legend of Gier - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Gier - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 4:34 pm

At his office in the manors of Castle Town, the wealthy Gier Durst sorted through papers and reports, keeping up to date on all the intrigue of the local nobles, which comprise his marks and contracts. His status among them was enigmatic, as rarely did an outsider rise to his level of prestige. His embedding into the Hyrulian market system was a great secret among all but the Mad King, who would hear only rumors of the "Twilight Broker".

His secretary, an elderly hylian named Waldur, entered his office, "a visitor, sir."

A young hylian boy, no older than 8, stumbled in. "you're... you're the Twilight Broker... right?" The boy was clearly nervous, but his mind seemed stuck far elsewhere. "My mum wanted me to give you this note, we... we don't have any money to give you but we need your help..." The boy ran out suddenly leaving the note... a strange child to be sure.

Waldur picked up the note, "something about... his home being claimed by the Black Rupee Exchange for the Mad King... apparently he's been trying to claim it for sometime. Here..."

[i]Mr. Durst, I haven't much to offer but I think you're the only one who can solve our problems. The Mad King has been harassing for weeks about the old Burial Shrine below our manor. He tried to buy it from us, tried to fight us in court over it, and now he's gone to the Black Rupee Exchange and taken all our money. If you can help, meet me at the Dancing Keaton Inn tonight. I'll be there."

The note contained some drastic claims, but Gier felt a strange wave of exhaustion pour over him as he set the note down. The twili dozed off...

When he awoke, his office was lit in a golden haze and a voice called out in a quiet melody, "find me"...
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://spinattack.forumotion.com
Soviet Waffle

Soviet Waffle

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Gier - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Gier - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 4:56 pm

Gier woke suddenly from his rest. Startled by the sudden onset of exhaustion. While his... 'profession' could be demanding, it had never driven him to collapse like this.

'How long have I been out?' as he ran his hand over his face and through his short red locks. Standing up, he walks to his window that over looked Castle Town.

Judging by the golden light flooding through his office, Gier can only think that it must be late in the evening.

"Waldur!" Gier calls out, "How long have I been asleep?"

"How unusual of me," Gier comments as he waits for his butler to answer him, "so much to do today. I can't afford to slouch off. The Standtons expect to have the details on the Romkii acquisition by the end of this week. That and I need to look into this Burial Shrine business..."

"Most unusual..." Gier comments as he looks over the note the terrified boy left him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Gier - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Gier - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:17 am

Waldur was no where in sight... but a squirrel was sleeping in the foyer...

The note carries an address to the manor and the Dancing Keaton Inn.
Back to top Go down
Soviet Waffle

Soviet Waffle

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Gier - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Gier - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 11:25 am

Gier takes note of Waldur's lack of reply.

'Waldur always replies when I call for him. Something is most certainly off kilter about this situation.'

Gier's brow furrowed deeply in suspicion. Thoughts raced wildly inside his mind in an attempt to make sense of the situation around him.

'Where in Hyrule am I.'

'Where is Waldur?'

'Did I die?'

'Could I be in the Twilight Ream?' came one thought out of many, 'Gods help me if I am.' The prospect of having returned to the realm of Twilight brought with it a familiar uneasiness to Gier. 'I don't think they are still over my departure yet. Which means this could get... awkward if I am home.'

As Gier's mind tries to figure out what has happened, he makes his way out of his office.

"Go on vermin, leave my office." he says to the squirrel currently loitering in his foyer. "This is no place for you, nor does it want you." Gier waved his hands at the creature to attempt to spook it into leaving.

After removing the vermin from his presence, Gier leaves his office in Castle Town. Clutching the address of the Dancing Keaton Inn in his hand, he heads out.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Gier - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Gier - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:18 pm

As Gier marches down Castle Town... he realizes just how wrong everything is. There is no one out, sure, it's the dead of night... a fact that does not circle well with all this golden light glowing off of everything... but there are always people out. No, rather, there are animals randomly slouched around the streets sleeping... it was very wrong.

The towering heights of the buildings in Castle Town loomed over Durst with a glaring foreboding... Suddenly, three flashes of white light lit the air! All around him, three spinning white vortexes appear, and out of each of them drop an Imperial soldier. The soldiers' armor glistens with a frightening white glow and they drip with fog... they hold swords out and march toward you!

Something small touches your leg! It's that squirrel from the office!!! It bears in its gullet a note and a sack...

The sack is full of Deku Nuts!

The note simply reads... "sir."

You got Deku Nuts (10)!
You can strike enemies with Deku Nuts to stun them! The burst could even catch more than one! (Whenever you roll to attack with these, each extra success on the roll will count as an extra stun)

During your post, you may make one attack with a weapon or item. Later, items and abilities will allow to make multiple attacks. You roll three D8s for your attack roll (because D8 difficulty), and each success on that roll translates to damage! You can take other actions during combat in addition to your attack, like hiding or searching.
Back to top Go down
Soviet Waffle

Soviet Waffle

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Gier - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Gier - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 4:54 pm

Confused by the strange lights, Gier watches the white flashes descend. Tensing up as they land around him.

'This can't be good,' he thinks to himself as the lights fell to the ground. Out from each light fell an Imperial soldier, complete with glistening armor and sword.

'Really not good.' Gier adds to his thought.

As the soldiers closed in on him Gier prepares to defend himself. A problem he notes, 'All I have is my fists. Well fuck me then."

Just then, Gier feels a pull at his pet leg.

"What the-?'' the twili says as he looks down, "The squirrel from my office? What are you doing here?"

Noticing the bag produced by the furry woodland creature, Gier doesn't question what Goddess sent him this gift,. Grabbing the bag of deku nuts, Gier makes a break for it. Running away from the soldiers Gier makes before he stops. Looks back at the squirrel and quickly picks it up.

"Not a word to anyone."

Putting the squirrel in a secure pocket, Gier reaches for the deku nuts in the bag. Grabbing one he quickly throws it at the soldiers.

"Not today tin heads!" Gier shouts out as he throws a well placed deku nut at the cluster of soldiers. Taking the momentary flash to hurry away the strange armored soldiers.

(Roll: 3: 6: 1)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Gier - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Gier - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:41 pm

The stunning flash snares two of the soldiers in its burst, but one resists and takes a hefty swing at you as you break for escape!

Roll for defense, failing causes a heart of damage. Then take your turn as normal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Gier - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Gier - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Gier - Rank D8 Quest
Page 1 of 1