You begin with three hearts. You end a legend.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

The Legend of Tilo - Rank D8 Quest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gerhb
Admin

The Legend of Tilo - Rank D8 Quest Empty
PostSubject: The Legend of Tilo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Tilo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 5:57 pm

It had been a calm day of mouse catching and fishing in the little village of Bay Town. But the calm was deceptive, as night rolled in, the unsettled sea brought a violent gang of pirates. First the canon fire pummeled the city, falling around Tilo like terrifying bursts of thunder. When the pirates took to the shore, their violence became red, wet, and swift. A fisherman beckoned Tilo, "come on, quick, we can hide in the Cove Crypts.

The fisherman, Marinus had been a good friend and was trustworthy. It was he who first offered Tilo odd jobs and shelter.

Tilo ran to keep up, but canon fire separated him from Marinus. "All fear Captain Aveil, terror of the Great Bay!!!" The pirates shouted it like a creed. Tilo hid as quick as he could, hiding behind some crates outside of a building. He was surprised to find he wasn't alone, hiding there was a young girl his age, a good friend of his. Her name was Zelda. "Don't worry, Tilo, I'll protect us with my sling shot!"

Her words were comforting, but short lived. Canon fire demolished the building they hid under, Tilo was knocked unconscious.

The city was bathed in flames when he woke, but for all the red fire light, the world had an eerie golden glow about it. Zelda was no where in sight, but all around the street were strange animals sleeping. Boars, snakes, rats, monkeys... it was an odd sight. For a moment the only sounds were wind sweeping through the streets and fires crackling, but then a song rose, a quiet whisper of a tune, "find me"...
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://spinattack.forumotion.com
krate.llama

krate.llama

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tilo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Tilo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:46 am

It's a fine day in the depths of Zoranea. He can see his parents through the window as he swims home as fast as he can. He can't wait to tell them all about his most recent exploration. He admires the sunlight filtering down from the oversky, the shafts so brilliant and yellow. No, not yellow. Not anymore. Now it's orange, and quickly turning the same color as his skin!

He wakes up, head throbbing. He looks around for a moment, confused, then becomes downright baffled. There had just been a huge fight, and, while he doesn't know much about land animals, he's sure that they don't like noise a whole lot. Ooh, look at that big fuzzy brown one over there, he thinks and then remembers. "Zelda!" She was there when he was nearly blown to pieces, but now he can't see her. He looks around for any sign of her; anything to figure out where she might have gone to. (1,3,4)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tilo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Tilo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:52 am

You don't find Zelda, but you do see something on the ground nearby... Zelda's slingshot!

You got Zelda's Slingshot!
It packs a whallop at 1D4 damage. Okay, it doesn't hit hard, but it's sure to stun some baddies. Something else seems special about this slingshot, but you can't understand it yet.
Back to top Go down
krate.llama

krate.llama

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tilo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Tilo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:09 am

He picks up the slingshot so he can return it to Zelda, whenever he finds her. After a second of thought, he also grabs a handful of rocks, just in case. He skirts around the great fuzzy one, and over to that squirrel pile, so he'll have a landmark to work from. Being always of rational thought, he walks towards where he knows the town bakery to be to check for snacks, making sure to keep an eye out for everything that could be a clue as to where everyone has gone. (5,4,Cool Seeing nothing and no one on the way to the bakery, he grabs a few sweetcakes, goes back to the squirrel pile, and walks in the complete opposite direction. (2,5,Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tilo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Tilo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:25 am

There's not a person in sight, just a bunch of sleeping animals...

But ahead, Tilo sees the cove that Marinus was heading for...

Something loud sounds from far behind, like a canon... but no... it happens again, and again... they're getting closer! It sounds like footsteps from something big!
Back to top Go down
krate.llama

krate.llama

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tilo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Tilo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 8:54 pm

He runs hard, as fast as he can. That noise is clearly not a good one. He needs to make it into that cove. It might be safer in there. (4,5,5) He looks around for a place to hide (1,3,7) and ducks into a nearby bush, trying to catch a glimpse of whatever it is that's booming so loudly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tilo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Tilo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 5:37 pm

Tilo looks back after safely reaching the cove, a rocky hideout with smooth, slimy rocks and a small stream running into it... a monstrous beast rampaged toward him... it was colossal thing, tusked maw, fiery red mane, eyes burning with hate, the brute stampeded forward on two hoofed hind legs. Luckily Tilo found a quick enough hiding spot. But the beast tore at the entrance to the cove, slowly breaking its way in.

There weren't many ways to run, the water was deep enough to dive into, or the entrance to a cave leading underground...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tilo - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Tilo - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Tilo - Rank D8 Quest
Page 1 of 1