You begin with three hearts. You end a legend.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

The Legend of Tyalen Jr

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gerhb
Admin

The Legend of Tyalen Jr Empty
PostSubject: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 11:14 pm

The young rito had expected a much more exciting journey to the summit of Death Mountain, but the Hyrule Imperial Occupation was a dismal sight. Gorons in shackles with picks working the mountain side, looking for ore deposits for the Mad King. It was almost surreal to see the mighty gorons subjugated by the Imperials, but the Mad King spared no expense arming these soldiers to the teeth and posting five men for every goron there was. Tyalen Jr moved along quietly, the soldiers didn't care about a passing rito, even though it was odd to see one on the ground. Rito couriers did in fact work with the Hyrule Empire, though Tyalen knew nothing of that.

Though Tyalen grew increasingly certain there would be no ancestral evidence here, it was growing late in the night. Death Mountain City was an odd place, the addition of human buildings seemed an odd mix with the much more natural goron architecture. The few "free" gorons were much more receptive to Tyalen, offering food and stay free of charge. Though the shelter and grubs were somewhat lackluster, it was a place to recuperate.

"I'm Rodo," a friendly young goron slammed Tyalen with a few hefty pats on the back, a gesture of kindness. "Always nice to see a stranger here," Rodo smashed his massive hammer down a rock, breaking it into bite sized chunks. "Mmm... good minerals here!" Rodo ate the rocks voraciously before pausing, and offering a bite to Tyalen. "Can I tell you a secret? My dad built a secret elevator to Death Mountain Deep, they say there's a sacred temple down there. One that can help free us. Some say it's what the Mad King is looking for! Personally, I just like to go down there and explore, lots of hot springs to bathe in!!!"

Rodo's insatiable lust for conversation... even though he didn't leave much time for response... went on for quite some time until a hefty wave of exhaustion rolled over Tyalen. It wasn't long before the young bird dozed off...

Upon waking, Death Mountain City was an otherworldly sight... Its lantern lights and magma pools' luminescence were complimented by a bizarre golden glow everywhere. And the gorons and hylians had all vanished... in fact, where many of them had been lounging there were now bears, dogs, badgers, cats, and other odd animals. And then from no where in particular, a song like voice called out, "find me"...
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://spinattack.forumotion.com
Mushuid

Mushuid

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:15 am

Involuntarily letting out a small, musical chirp of surprise, I dash off down the street, hoping to get a better sense of where the voice is coming from.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:33 am

The streets were bereft of people... lots of animals all around.

The sound of gears and chains catches your ear. The clawshot? Wait, it's missing!

The gears and chains keep cranking and you realize it's not the clawshot, but something nearby...

You can roll to search for the source of the sound.
Back to top Go down
Mushuid

Mushuid

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:45 am

Search: 2, 4, 1

Critical Success!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:48 am

The sound is coming from the basement under Rodo's house! Cellar doors open to stairs leading down.
Back to top Go down
Mushuid

Mushuid

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:54 am

I head straight for the doors. That voice could be tied to those sounds, so there's no time to lose!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:03 am

The cellar is full of rocks for the most part, but also some engineering equipment and... Rodo's Hammer!

You got Rodo's Hammer!
It's huge and heavy, but it packs a punch dealing 3D6 damage. It's also good for smashing things...

There appear to be some mechanical doors and a lever, but the lever appears jammed. The mechanical sounds are coming from behind the door.
Back to top Go down
Mushuid

Mushuid

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:14 am

I try to force the lever. If that doesn't work, I hit the lever with the hammer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:19 pm

The hammer busts the lever down no problem!

The mechanical doors slide open to reveal a strange little lift device that is attached to a chain pulley system of some kind. Over the rails of the lift, you can see it descends quite a long way.

There is a loud thudding noise from outside the cellar. Something big, and it seems to be stomping all around...
Back to top Go down
Mushuid

Mushuid

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:23 pm

Curiosity overtakes my better judgement, and I take a look outside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:50 pm

Out of the cellar, Tyalen spots a terrifying monstrosity... It's a colossal beast... tusked head like a mix between man and boar, fiery red mane going down its body... It stands on two hoofed legs but has four arms with humanoid hands... its eyes are red with evil... it turns to you...

That singing voice calls out to you in a desperate plea, "RUN! RUN! RUN! HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE!"
Back to top Go down
Mushuid

Mushuid

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:54 pm

My mind goes blank with fear as I dash to the lift.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:01 pm

The beast tears into the building, smashing it to bits as you start the lift to go down! It smashes through the roof of the cellar and rams one of its arms down the shaft and grabs at you!

Roll to avoid being grabbed! If you succeed you may take an extra action of your choice!
Back to top Go down
Mushuid

Mushuid

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:27 pm

Dodge: 6, 3, 8

Success; though just barely.

I cower in the corner of the lift, wielding the hammer threateningly and hoping that there's no way for that beast to follow me down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:52 pm

As you descend the beast's hand gets farther and farther away...

The heat picks up as the lift descends. At the bottom, the lift opens to a cavernous path... As you exit, three flashes of white light erupt around you and three white swirling vortexes appear in the air. From each of the portals drops an Imperial soldier, covered in white glowing armor and brandishing swords.

"Fear not, young Tyalen! These men are no match for you in this world!" The musical voice sounds worried, but offers a soothing calm.

During your post, you may make one attack with a weapon or item. Later, items and abilities will allow to make multiple attacks. You roll three D8s for your attack roll (because D8 difficulty), and each success on that roll translates to damage! You can take other actions during combat in addition to your attack, like hiding or searching.
Back to top Go down
Mushuid

Mushuid

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 5:02 pm

The musical voice is the only clue I have. I have to trust it

I strike at the last guard to appear with Rodo's Hammer.

Attack: 6, 3, 3

Critical hit!

Damage: 1,5,1,3,5,1

16 damage.

If I have a clear path forward, I try to run for it, otherwise I attempt to hide behind the largest rock hoping that they will waste their energy on it instead of me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 5:08 pm

The hammer pulverizes the soldier, which bursts into a flash of white mist and vanishes.

The other soldiers take swings at you as you try to avoid the fray.

Make two defense rolls, failing either causes a heart of damage. You may then take your turn as normal.

You can make a roll to escape deeper into the cavern, and if that fails, you can roll to hide. You can make one attack roll before you do either of these things, if you like.
Back to top Go down
Mushuid

Mushuid

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 5:31 pm

I need to get out of here and find that voice.

Defense 1: 8, 7, 3

the closest possible success. /whew

Defense 2: 3, 1, 7

A critical! Much better.

If I can take one more out before making my escape, it might discourage the third from following me.

I take a running swing at the nearest guard.

Attack: 2, 6, 2

Another critical! I'm on a roll it seems.

Damage: 1,1,4,2,6,3

17 damage.

Now it's time for me to get out of here.

I bolt for the door.

Escape: 8, 8, 2

Critical Failure! The extremes swing both ways, it seems.

I can't get out! Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no.

I roll behind the largest rock I can get to, or at least the first sizable one I see.

Hide: 2, 1, 6

Critical success. This is starting to get ridiculous.

Looks like I have no choice but to fight, now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 5:48 pm

Felling a soldier into a white mist, you run for the door, but it's jammed! Your cover behind a rock...

The soldier is distracted by the flashing end to his comrades, and loses sight of you... He begins searching but is soon distracted by something...

Thunderous pounding and metal tearing sounds out from the lift, it's getting closer... rocks fall out from the lift door and roll into the cavern...

No attacks at you this turn, you're up!
Back to top Go down
Mushuid

Mushuid

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 8:05 pm

Everything is slowly blanking out.

I need to get out.

Lifting the hammer above my head, I charge the door and bring the head down with all the strength my frame can muster.

Attack: 3, 3, 7

A slightly more believable critical.

Damage: 6,3,1,1,5,2

18 damage.

Please break open.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:54 pm

The door smashes down... as you charge through into a long hall way lined with great stone columns. The hall seems to stretch on with no exit in sight.

Behind you the white soldier rushes after you, but his fate is violent and sudden, as the beast smashes through the lift shaft, crushing rock and metal to break through. The monster's hoof crushes the soldier into a burst of white mist as it dashes to chase you, roaring in anger.

Another choice becomes apparent... The walls of the hall end to the left and right up ahead, opening into a chasm on either side of the path... You could run for it, or you could put your faith in your untrained wings and dive into the dark chasm...

You can roll to run or attempt to glide, unless you come up with another strategy.
Back to top Go down
Mushuid

Mushuid

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 3:07 pm

Fear blankets my mind, canceling rational thought and leaving an instinctive command:

"Fly, you fool."

With my legs carrying me as quickly as they can, I put away Rodo's Hammer.
I reflexively stretch my feathered arms wide.
At the moment the walls fall away I turn sharply to the left,
kick off the side of the walkway into the air,
and purely on instinct, I...

Glide: 8, 5, 6
Failure.

... plummet to the ground.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 5:52 pm

Struggling to catch lift under the wings, Tyalen flapped furiously and turned about. But the bird was not prepared for flight, body twisting as it awkwardly fell. On the trip down, Tyalen glimpsed something terrifying above... The evil beast strode out, crushing rock under its hooves... But something else too... a flash of white light, and a great white portal... Something else strode out, with angelic wings made of light, glistening white armor, and a white hood shading its face... As it strode from the portal, a howling screech tore through the air... The two immediately attacked each other as Tyalen plummeted.

Nearing the ground, a few quick flaps and turns gave Tyalen the slightest slowing. But the ground was still not kind, smashing Tyalen's body and crushing a wing into a brittle mess of broken bones. In tremendous pain, Tyalen found this escape was not out of the woods yet. The boulder the bird stood on was on was in a sea of lava, heat blaring around. The boulder began to sink under Tyalen's added weight, there were more around, but running to solid ground would not be easy. A rocky shore lay in the distance ahead.

Take 2 hearts of damage. Your left wing is broken.

You can roll to traverse the lava sea by hopping boulder to boulder.
Back to top Go down
Mushuid

Mushuid

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 6:26 pm

I attempt to reach the nearest shore.

Traverse: 7, 7, 8
Failure...

HERO DIE! : 2
dice remaining : 4

New total: 7, 7, 8, 2
success!

I stumble, but, with a little luck, I manage to kick my way to shore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 3:03 pm

Safely on the stony shore, Tyalen sees that above the fight between the Man in White and that evil beast still rages on the clifftop pass.

"Tyalen!" A familiar voice called out, it was Rodo. The Goron runt beckoned him to a stony door, "here, the door to Temple!" There weren't many places to go, the temple door was a relatively ornate slab of stone, emblazoned with the symbol of the Goron people. Rodo slammed his fist on it and the door opened, "are you ready, hero?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Tyalen Jr   The Legend of Tyalen Jr I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Tyalen Jr
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next