You begin with three hearts. You end a legend.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

The Legend of Mikay

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gerhb
Admin

The Legend of Mikay Empty
PostSubject: The Legend of Mikay   The Legend of Mikay I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 4:25 am

The Imperials had been close behind for days, and keeping the wounded alive meant traveling slower. It wouldn't be long before another skirmish was at hand, and Mikay Rushwater couldn't be sure his band of rebels could survive another onslaught. The mountains north of the Gerudo Desert at least provided plenty of cover from Imperial scouts.

"Gentlemen, I say..." the red headed, soft spoken Waltz addressed the party, "I've found something up the path. It appears to be some kind of... structure, very old. If two chaps could assist me in studying it, we might be able to hold up in there." Waltz was quite a keen tinkerer, a genius engineer from Termina conscripted into Imperial service and defecting on the far end of the world.

"What are you going on about this time, Waltz?" One of the two dozen rebels spoke out in a mocking tone.

"Well, it's... it's quite strange, very old but strangely technological in form. The door doesn't appear to be jammed so much as locked, but I think I might be able to bypass it." Not many of the company cared for Waltz, however, Waltz had been kind to Mikay and had even displayed interest in his arm. "It's mostly buried too. A strange thing to be sure."

Waltz managed to work up a small team to investigate, but Mikay felt a strange exhaustion... could it be wounds? It didn't feel that way...

Mikay awoke in a haze, his comrades all missing from their mountainous camp. The sand bitten mountains, struggling with spots of green vegetation, took on a gentle golden glow, covering the landscape. All around Mikay, slumbering animals took the spots where his allies had been. A beautiful song like voice rang out in his head, "find me"...
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://spinattack.forumotion.com
Alkarion

Alkarion

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Mikay   The Legend of Mikay I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 4:35 am

As I awaken I shake my head in an attempt to clear the haze. Had the resistance members moved on? I knew that they were none to fond of my but to move camp without waking me was strange. I had a suspicion about these animals, some sorcery was afoot. I don't like it but I have to leave my companions behind and find this voice. If only to end this sorcery. I set of towards the ruins knowing that to be the most likely place for a witch to hide. I'll find you witch, but it may not go how you think its going to. As I march off a familiar black haze starts to flow into my vision.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Mikay   The Legend of Mikay I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:59 pm

As Mikay made his way forward, he noticed something strange. The wind seemed to rise, subtly at first, but becoming ever stronger as he came closer to where Waltz claimed these ruins were. Mikay came to a gorge in the mountains where the wind blew like a storm, sand swirling in the air...

Over this gorge between mountain sides... a stone bridge led to a strange structure... Made of smooth stone but nearly perfectly spherical in shape, this ancient ruin was far more massive that Waltz had described, but most alarming was the fact the sphere was no longer buried, as Waltz had said, but in fact appeared to be floating over the gorge!

The bridge reached out to a small hole in the structure, a circular hall large enough to walk through.
Back to top Go down
Alkarion

Alkarion

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Mikay   The Legend of Mikay I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:10 pm

My mechanical fist clenches into a fist, and my teeth grind together as I come across the temple. This was nothing like what Waltz had described. Something like this needs to be shared with the group. Whatever happened here was probably his fault. I trudge across the bridge, my muscles taught, and my vision growing ever darker, despite the light. I would get to the bottom of this and restore my companions to their original form, then I would deal with Waltz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Mikay   The Legend of Mikay I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 1:35 pm

As Mikay stepped on the bridge, a torrent of wind blasted across the canyon. The gale ripped at Mikay's footing, threatening to blow him clear off the bridge... the entrance was close...

Make a roll to keep your footing.
Back to top Go down
Alkarion

Alkarion

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Mikay   The Legend of Mikay I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 11:43 pm

[6,5,3] Success
No wind will deter me. I plunge onward through the gale.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Mikay   The Legend of Mikay I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:11 am

Mikay stepped through the doorway and suddenly everything changed.

The hall ahead disappeared.

The zora was in a dome shaped room with a standing mirror in the center, though the mirror showed a reflection of this temple room, Mikay was not in it. Rather, Waltz stood in the mirror. "The lady sent me to help you. Tell me, what capability do you wish for that arm?"
Back to top Go down
Alkarion

Alkarion

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Mikay   The Legend of Mikay I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:46 am

I am immediately wary of the change in environment. I peer around the room for a moment before my attention is focused by the strange mirror. Upon seeing Waltz in the mirror I snarl and march forward. I grab the edges of the mirror and shout at him. "What did you do?! You unleashed some foul sorcery on the others you old fool. You will pay for this! You are lucky I can't use my sword. I will find you, and you and this lady will fix what you have done." With that I release the mirror, and stomp away looking for a route further into the structure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Mikay   The Legend of Mikay I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Mikay
Page 1 of 1