Legend of Zelda RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You begin with three hearts. You end a legend.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gerhb
Admin

The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest Empty
PostSubject: The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 1:55 am

Amongst the eccentric and lavish technological oddities and townsfolk of Clocktown, we find something even more odd, the Deku Knight, Uguns. His quest to find the next Hero of Termina had brought him to the tinkerer's city, which proved a difficult environment due to the Hyrule occupation. However, Uguns' position as Emissary to the Deku Palace earned him safety and respect with the locals. The clocksmith Evran took the scrub in for the night with the claim that his son, trouble making and rambunctious that he was, was a clever, brave, and honorable child perfect for Uguns' apprenticeship. The boy, Rygel, was living up to his reputation by being out passed the Empire's curfew. Evran shook his head, "the boy likes to steal from the Imperials. I would scold him, but he makes such intricate mechanical trinkets from his outings that it seems like too good a creative outlet. He's probably off in one of his "Secret Lairs" in the sewers or the old fairy fountain.

By the time Uguns felt the haze of exhaustion, Rygel had yet to return. Sleep claimed Uguns... but not for long. The scrub sprung awake to the sound of ignition, only there were no fires in sight. Instead the tinkerer's shop was covered in a strange, ethereal golden glow. Where Evran once snored there lay a chubby raccoon in a deep slumber...

A surreal, song like voice called out from no where in particular, like a whisper in Uguns head, "find me"...
Back to top Go down
https://spinattack.forumotion.com
ScrubbingDekus

ScrubbingDekus

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 3:45 pm

Uguns looked at the raccoon with an amount of wonder. No Deku magic did this.Uguns looked at his own body to make sure it was unchanged. Good. Both arms, both feet. "I guess I'm off to find Rygel then." He said, before looking around the shop for the chance of a makeshift shield, or perhaps some discarded Deku Sticks. Regardless of his find, he knew he had no more time to spend here. If all the inhabitants of Clock Town were in this much trouble, he had to move.

He sprinted towards the door, his leaves shaking furiously as he went. As he reached the door, he jumped up to reach the handle and swung through the doorway, and deftly landed on his feet. He took a moment to take in the view. The haze was covering everything. Central Clock Town was always the best view of the city. Uguns rushed to the Golden Flower near the clock tower. Assuming the business Scrub wasn't home, he might be able to use it to get a better vantage point. After all, he had no clue where the "Secret Lair" might be.
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 11:39 pm

Uguns approached the golden flower. There was no business scrub... Oddly... there was a cat nested in the flower.
Back to top Go down
ScrubbingDekus

ScrubbingDekus

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:14 am

Uguns took a moment to consider the best way to move the cat out of the flower. He decided that he would take a delicate approach. "SCRAM!" He said, furiously waving his hands at the cat, and attempting to move it out of his way if it didn't stir at the sudden shouting and violent leaf-shaking. Once the flower was clear of the vermin, Uguns used a famous Deku technique, burrowing into the flower and claiming the flower-sprouts within. After a moment of digging around, he launched himself out of the flower and began hovering towards the platform at the top of the Clock tower.

Uguns didn't look down the entire time he was hovering on the flower blooms. He wasn't afraid of heights at all. That was silly. He had a fear a falling, which he found both prudent and evolutionary. Still, he guided himself safely to the Clock Tower's platform. He took a moment to examine whether or not the door to the Clock Tower's top was locked or not. He hadn't kept up with the festival schedule...
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:33 am

The door was in fact locked, but the vantage from atop Clock Tower was clear. The Old Fairy Fountain was in good sight, but finding an entrance to the sewers was not so easy from here. You'd have to scour the streets for a good entrance.

You may make rolls to find locations if you know they're nearby or to search for hidden ones.
Back to top Go down
ScrubbingDekus

ScrubbingDekus

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:37 am

(I rolled 1,1,2)

Uguns took a minute to Scour the streets for hidden passages, as well as any Deku weaponry. Though he doubted he'd find one laying about, he knew the children of the area used Deku Seeds to fuel their slingshots.
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:45 am

The sewers proved no trick to find, especially with no one around to heckle you. You were able to find a good set of Deku Sticks! You even got a closer look at the entrance to the Great Fairy Fountain, unfortunately the doorway is covered in a dense tangle of webs...

You got Deku Sticks(5)!
Deku sticks deal 1D10 damage! Who knows what else they might be good for!
Back to top Go down
ScrubbingDekus

ScrubbingDekus

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:51 am

"I know this trick! We don't get trained in Skulltula nests for no reason!" Uguns shouted at the webs, pointing his finger dramatically at it. Then he realized that his voice echoed back, landing only in his own ears. Right. He was alone. He could probably stop showing off. He gulped. He knew that he had to work with the most hated and feared enemy of his tribe... Fire. He took a moment to look around for any open-faced Torches in the vicinity. One he found one close enough to the webs, he brandished one of his new Deku sticks, and stared intently at the torch.

The tension was consuming the surrounding area. The Uguns glared silently at his crackling foe. "Mock me will you? Die foul Verm-- AHHHHH" Uguns lit the Deku stick and ran screaming to the webbing, hoping to throw the stick at the webs like a Javelin so he didn't have to be near them when they ignited. (3, 1, 8 on an attack roll)
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:04 am

The fire burns a chunk of the web but the mess just won't seem to catch. This web is made of tough stuff... You'll have to find a better trick to get through this mess.

But from the webs you did burn, a shiny gem in the shape of a heart falls out!

You got a heart piece for good roleplay! (Collect 3 more to permanently improve your hearts!)
Back to top Go down
ScrubbingDekus

ScrubbingDekus

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:10 am

"You taunt me once more, Hated foe." Uguns grumbled under his breath. One Deku stick down, but a piece of heart up, the Scrub decided it may be best to venture into the sewer entrance. Hopefully he could find this child in one piece. Furthermore, he hoped he could find this child in his own piece.
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:16 pm

The sewer was... wet... as to be expected. Cobbled paths on either side kept Uguns from having to hop around everywhere. Though these sewers would normally be pitch black, the golden glow over the world proved a more than adequate light source.

A marking on the wall contained the scribble, "Secret Lair" and an arrow pointing in its direction... this "hero of Termina" was undeniably clever. Nonetheless, the arrow led to a hole in the wall which revealed a strange workshop of sorts... tinkerer's tools, a workbench, lots of scraps and bits... and a strange lantern like device...

There was a blueprint next to it which depicted a drawstring being yanked from the lantern to spit flames. The blueprints held the title, "Din's Lantern". Perhaps the boy was a bit clever.

You got Din's Lantern!
Crank it to unleash it like a flame thrower for 4D6 damage! It's currently filled with oil, but you'll need to refill it after 10 charges of fire.
Back to top Go down
ScrubbingDekus

ScrubbingDekus

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:16 pm

Uguns took a moment to glare at the lantern. It was too precious a tool not to use. "I suppose I'll just have to fight fire with fire." He grabbed Din's Lantern by the handle and continued moving through the sewers, making certain there was nothing more that needed to be gleaned from its depth. He didn't like the feel of the place. It reminded him of the poison swamp too much. (Search :Roll(3d8)+0 =2,1,4,+0)

After scouring the Sewers once more, he returned to the Entrance of the Great Fairy Fountain. The webs again. "Maybe this device will destroy the Webs.." He Pulled the lantern up and checked to make sure the fire was pointed at the webbing. "For the Deku Queen!" He yelled, before pulling the ripcord in what he was certain would be suicide. He hoped that the fire would only engulf the webs.
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:47 pm

In fact there was something floating in the sewage!

You got Bottle of Dirty Water!
This might be more useful emptied out...

Cranking Din's Lantern, a flare of searing hot flame burst from its muzzle opening. The glaring heat steamed away some of the water in the scrub's leaves as the fire burnt away the webbing. Once the flames died down, Uguns easily made his way into the fountain...

The shallow pool of water was glowing gold along the path to a small shrine to the Great Fairies... torch sconces line the walls but they aren't really necessary with all this gold light. As Uguns steps into the shrine room, a stone slab seals the passage behind him and three flashes of white light erupt in the room! Spinning white vortexes appear in the air, and out of each them drops an Imperial soldier. Their armor glows white and drips thick splashes of fog, they brandish their swords and march at you!

"He's sending his minions to fight you! But you're stronger than they are in this world!" That song like voice rings in Uguns' head again.

During your post, you may make one attack with a weapon or item. Later, items and abilities will allow to make multiple attacks. You roll three D8s for your attack roll (because D8 difficulty), and each success on that roll translates to damage! You can take other actions during combat in addition to your attack, like hiding or searching.
Back to top Go down
ScrubbingDekus

ScrubbingDekus

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:58 pm

"Soldiers? Fools! You know nothing of the Training of a Knight! I bet you weren't expecting such a powerful..."Uguns reached to draw his Deku Sword... And grasped at the air where it should have been. He blinked three times. "Feint!" he said, before going for the Deku Sticks he'd found earlier. He reared the stick back as far as he could, Jumping at the center soldier. He brought the stick down on the Soldier's head with all of his might!

Roll(3d8)+0:
8,6,1,+0
Total:15

Damage for Deku Stick

Roll(1d10)+0:
8,+0
Total:8
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:24 pm

In a swift and surprisingly mighty strike, Uguns tears through a soldier with the sturdy stick. The soldier bursts into a flash of white mist and disappears. The other two charge in and lash at you with their swords!

Make two defense rolls, if you fail the roll overall take a heart of damage. Then take your turn as normal.
Back to top Go down
ScrubbingDekus

ScrubbingDekus

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:44 pm

Defense Rolls

Roll(3d8)+0:
3,2,1,+0
Total:6

Roll(3d8)+0:
4,5,1,+0
Total:10

Uguns Used the evaporation of the first soldier in his favor. Once the second two moved towards him, he leapt up to catch the first sword between his hands. The steel blade cut lightly into the wood, but not enough to damage, just enough to get the sword nice and stuck. "Gotcha!" He then twisted his body as if to perform a Deku Spin, and threw the first soldier onto the second.

Attack
Roll(3d8)+0:
1,2,4,+0
Total:7

(I think this dice generator is either broken, or loves me)

Damage Rolls

Roll(1d10)+0:
10,+0

Roll(1d10)+0:
6,+0
Total:6
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 5:02 pm

One of the soldiers take the brunt of each blow and bursts into nothing as the other rolls away and charges in undeterred!

One defense roll to you. Then your turn as normal.
Back to top Go down
ScrubbingDekus

ScrubbingDekus

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 5:20 pm

Defense
Roll(3d8)+0:
6,7,1,+0
Total:14

Uguns Blinks as the Soldier runs at him. "Oh, a wily one, I see! Learn your place, soldier. I am Knight-Commander of the Order of the Falling Leaf!" Uguns brandishes the chipped end of his broken Deku stick, and uses it as a knife, deflecting the soldier's sword before lunging to place the sharp end into the enemy's breastplate.

Attack
Roll(3d8)+0:
5,3,2,+0

CRIT!

Damage
Roll(2d10)+0:
10,6,+0
Total:16
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 5:42 pm

The final foe bursts into a puff of white mist...

"You're getting closer... there's a secret passage in this room. But something terrible is coming... You must hurry." The symphonic voice sounds more worried than it did before...

A thunderous sound reverberates from outside... like a massive stomping footstep. And another. And another... it's getting closer.
Back to top Go down
ScrubbingDekus

ScrubbingDekus

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 7:16 pm

Uguns decided to heed the words of what he assumed was the Great Fairy. After tossing the Deku stick fragment to the side, He spent a moment to search for the aforementioned secret passage.

Roll(3d8)+0:
8,1,2,+0
Total:11
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:18 pm

Uguns searches the room along the marble columns in the shrine, the torch sconces lining the wall, and the wet stony floor. At the center of the room you notice there appears to be a circular flag stone with a thick crevice separating it from the surrounding tiles. There definitely seems to be something under here, but it's not easy to lift. Perhaps there's a trigger mechanism... or maybe it could be forced open...

The shrine shakes as something pounds brutally at the stone slab sealing the chamber, sending great cracks along its structure...
Back to top Go down
ScrubbingDekus

ScrubbingDekus

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:39 pm

Uguns looks at the Flagstone before jumping on it, just to make sure that it isn't pressure sensitive. If that doesn't work, he'll attempt to use a Deku Stick as Leverage to remove the flagstone. If that doesn't work, he'll search the room for a trigger mechanism.

Roll(3d8)+0:
5,1,1,+0
Total:7
Back to top Go down
Gerhb
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 5:40 pm

Jumping on the flagstone didn't accomplish much, nor did a quick scan tell much of the room. Regardless, Uguns managed to muster a mighty lever out of the Deku Stick, lifting the stone to reveal a hole and a ladder leading down.

Just then the slab burst open, and the arm of a colossal beast reached in to grab Uguns!

Make a dodge roll!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest   The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Uguns - Rank D8 Quest
Page 1 of 1